interloper

Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

I still wonder if they let him play a couple of games and then he goes back on the 60 day IL or of course release him. Orioles are in Anaheim this weekend. 

Gives him a chance to say goodbye in a way and play in a big league game one more time.  

14 hours ago, interloper said:

It won't be at the expense of those guys. Guarantee.

I dunno, they won’t be taking at bats away from Núñez and we just saw him back in the field for a couple games. Ruiz could sit while Núñez plays third and Trumbo does DH. 

23 minutes ago, oriole said:

I dunno, they won’t be taking at bats away from Núñez and we just saw him back in the field for a couple games. Ruiz could sit while Núñez plays third and Trumbo does DH. 

And which position player comes off the active roster for that? 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The only way I'll take Trumbo back on this roster is if it means they can finally release Davis.

I agree Tony.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The only way I'll take Trumbo back on this roster is if it means they can finally release Davis.

I'll take Lew Ford back if it means Davis is gone.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'll take Lew Ford back if it means Davis is gone.

I wish it’d be done quickly. But it expect Davis back next year unfortunately.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

And which position player comes off the active roster for that? 

I’m no advocating for it, I’m just saying if anyone loses at bats I think it will be Ruiz. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Ruiz has an option remaining so he could even be sent down temporarily to give Trumbo a little farewell to baseball tour. Not that anyone cares. If it were up to me he’d be released the moment he’s ready to play. But then again so would Davis if it was my choice

6 hours ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

I'll lose no sleep over that, if that's indeed the case. Dollars to doughnuts, none of those guys is going to be around for the turnaround. Way I see it, Mark's been nothing but a pro's pro and a solid citizen since he's been here. Let him go out on his terms, or as close to them as possible. 

Could look at it as us providing him a mini-showcase of sorts, in hopes of possibly catching on somewhere else. Big picture, other players (O's and non-O's alike) see that and - probably, hopefully - think that this is a team that looks out for its own, even if injured/on the mend.

I disagree.  Trumbo gets paid, this is a business, and we have more important issues than whether somebody goes out “on their terms”.   

Either play the guy if he can play because you believe he can contribute something useful this year or contribute to the rebuild in some fashion as a trade piece or DFA him.  Myself, I would much rather they play who we have playing now than Trumbo and DFA him  for the reasons already cited. 

I would be willing to bet two dollars that Trumbo can't complete a full rehab assignment without needing another rest period for his knee. I would just let him play on rehab and let mother nature take its course. I have no idea why he is still trying. If he plans to retire after the season, then does he really want to play a few more games this bad? I suspect some kind of weird insurance angle, but doesn't quite make sense. I guess he's just a prideful guy (which is primarily a good thing). Anyway, I think the knee will start barking again soon. 

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I would be willing to bet two dollars that Trumbo can't complete a full rehab assignment without needing another rest period for his knee. I would just let him play on rehab and let mother nature take its course. I have no idea why he is still trying. If he plans to retire after the season, then does he really want to play a few more games this bad? I suspect some kind of weird insurance angle, but doesn't quite make sense. I guess he's just a prideful guy (which is primarily a good thing). Anyway, I think the knee will start barking again soon. 

If he retires he forfeits the remainder of his contract.