orpheus100

Last year's team was better

7 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Im sure its been mentioned earlier on this post, but I see few if any quality prospects from all those trades made at the deadline last year.Almost nothing for Manny, Gausman, and Schoop.Its truly unbelievable.This team cant just rely on draft picks. They need to make smart investments and MUST have a better personnel to scout and sign players internationally. Im afraid we are looking at at least 5 years or more before this franchise is even watchable. I am not sure if the fans will watch them on TV or in person until that happens.

I feel like you're overreacting a bit, because I do see potential in Diaz and Kremer, but  I'm still baffled why a GM they had no interest in retain ingwas allowed to trade Schoop and Gausman in particular. And the whole trading for international money seems like a very poorly thought out and executed plan. All water under the bridge I guess. 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, 25 Nuggets said:

three years; this being year one of the plan.

watch as the minors get better level by level, as players are developed correctly.  Pretty soon, maybe next year we should see Bowie start winning.

Don’t be surprised if Bowie finishes this year above .500.    They are 36-40 so far, but they started the season 8-24, and are 28-16 since then.    

Frederick, on the other hand, is 32-44 and has gone 5-19 in June.  That doesn’t bode well for how Bowie will do next year.    Not a lot of talent there.   

On 6/17/2019 at 4:24 PM, TheOtherRipken said:

No way -  went to those games, the team looked flat and like they didn’t care at all. Failure to run to first on pop outs, lack of effort in the outfield, weak swings during at bats.  Went to a lot of game during the 14 years of terrible and never saw a team so flat, boring, and unwilling to try at a major league level.  

Also Caleb Joseph called out the team for lack of effort publicly - although he really didn’t need to, it was pretty obvious.

Point taken, but much of the lack of effort you saw probably came after the team already knew it was doomed.  And weak swings during at bats I'm thinking are rarely a sign of lack of effort.  It's the sign of a player who is over matched, whether because he is over the hill or not ready for the big league level (or never will be).  Perhaps a weak swing could be the sign of withering morale -- but a hitting slump is not the same as the lack of effort.

o

This year's team is 34-69 after 103 games (.330.)

Last year's team was 29-74 after 103 games (.282.)

There's still a long way to go.

o

On 7/27/2019 at 1:21 AM, OFFNY said:

o

This year's team is 34-69 after 103 games (.330.)

Last year's team was 29-74 after 103 games (.282.)

There's still a long way to go.

o

o

This year's finished team at 54-108 (.333.)

Last year's finished team at 47=115 (.290.)

o