Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. MARINERS, 6/22

2 minutes ago, Sessh said:

It's been awhile since I looked into it closely, but a couple years ago, the ground was swelling so badly that entire lakes were being displaced into surrounding areas. The area gets a little more active each year. An eruption is absolutely inevitable and when it happens, there's nowhere to hide. It would destroy everything within like a thousand mile radius in a couple weeks and the enormous amount of shit it would eject into the atmosphere would be carried by the jet stream all over the planet and block out the sun which will kill all plants. Animals, including us, wouldn't be far behind.

4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

It's been awhile since I looked into it closely, but a couple years ago, the ground was swelling so badly that entire lakes were being displaced into surrounding areas. The area gets a little more active each year. An eruption is absolutely inevitable and when it happens, there's nowhere to hide. It would destroy everything within like a thousand mile radius in a couple weeks and the enormous amount of shit it would eject into the atmosphere would be carried by the jet stream all over the planet and block out the sun which will kill all plants. Animals, including us, wouldn't be far behind.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Well the Orioles won. I expected this:

bob3-799x640.jpg

There’s always tomorrow!

remember one of these days, the sky WILL fall

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

Oooohhhh that's cold.... @-ing a guy who has been banned and can't respond!

LOL - yeah that's the only way I'd be able to "one-up" him.  He'll enjoy the joke from afar!  But when he returns ........

12 hours ago, SteveA said:

OOOO What'd he get banned for?

giphy.gif

On 6/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, SteveA said:

Isn't he live under his alt account? Cumberbundy? I forget. Oh well. Something must have happened when I merged them. I've got to be more careful with those multi-accounters. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• You bring up a really good point. Even during the "golden years" of baseball - it was no where near as financially strong as it is right now. There's a lot of thinkpiece articles about how sports are doomed because of cord-cutting, but I really disagree with it. People haven't lost interest in watching sports, the leagues just need to change their business model to reflect the changes in the market. No business can expect to have the same business model forever.
    • ESPN's post for the AL is up. And the pick is...Wally Bunker. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28941911/the-biggest-one-hit-wonders-every-american-league-team
    • Yeah and were born into the great depression. My mom here meal 6 days a week growing up was a baked potato.  Hitler demanded everyone turn in their butter churns so as to not waste milk on butter but their neighbor gave them an old one to turn in so they could at least have butter on it.  But I think we take for granted how good we have it these days.  But I doubt that is the reason. Probably more likely their children are all in middle age and are doing well and they don't need them to take care of grandchildren anymore.  They have had a good life and are content. 
    • I think that's the key. With the 26th man already, not sure they need to add another slot.
    • Fangraphs has now graded 20 teams, including the entire AL East.    By their valuation system from last year, we rank 10th out of 20 so far.     As I expected, Tampa is off-the-charts good.    They have 55 prospects ranked 35+ or higher, most of any team graded so far (we have 40, which is still above average).    The dollar value of their system by last year's method is $329 mm if you exclude Wander Franco.       And the reason I excluded him is Fangraphs graded him an 80, the first time they have done that, and so I don't know what an 80 is supposed to be worth.    Last year they valued a 70 grade batter (Vlad Jr.) at $112 mm, so Franco will be valued higher than that. Toronto graded better than I expected, slightly behind us at $200.5 mm.   We are at $206 mm; the mean valuation for all 20 teams graded so far is $209 mm, excluding 1/20th of whatever Franco is worth. So far the top teams by this methodology are: TBR $329mm+ (55 prospects 35+ or better) PIT $282.5 mm (42) MIA $281.5 mm (41) ARI $277.5 mm (47) DET $260.5 mm (39) NYY $250.5 mm (54) ATL $250 mm (27) SEA $237 mm (38) MIN $228 mm (42) BAL $206 mm (40)
  • Popular Contributors