Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Split ??? (vs. MARINERS, 6/23)

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe they should just leave something that's perfectly fine alone and stop trying to shave three minutes off a game.

You know how they have the automatic walk sign now.  They should introduce an autonomic strike out sign.  Every time Chris Davis comes up the manager could use it.  I mean we all know what's going to happen anyway, plus it would speed up the game for Manfred.

• Haha 1

Just now, O's84 said:

You know how they have the automatic walk sign now.  They should introduce an autonomic strike out sign.  Every time Chris Davis comes up the manager could use it.  I mean we all know what's going to happen anyway, plus it would speed up the game for Manfred.

I don't know, sometimes the other guy just can't throw a strike and he'd end up either walking Davis or throwing like five pitches.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe they should just leave something that's perfectly fine alone and stop trying to shave three minutes off a game.

Like the catcher going out to the mound with 2 strikes and then the batter swings at a ball in the dirt cause he was starting to fall asleep?  Or when the pitching coach goes out to the mound and the rest of the fielders have to go listen to what the guy is saying just so the reliever has a few more minutes to warm up.  And then they realize that the pitcher doesn't speak English anyway and in the meantime the outfielders are discussing plans where they are going to get some trim after the game.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know, sometimes the other guy just can't throw a strike and he'd end up either walking Davis or throwing like five pitches.

Hey, don't try to confuse me with the facts.

2 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Like the catcher going out to the mound with 2 strikes and then the batter swings at a ball in the dirt cause he was starting to fall asleep?  Or when the pitching coach goes out to the mound and the rest of the fielders have to go listen to what the guy is saying just so the reliever has a few more minutes to warm up.  And then they realize that the pitcher doesn't speak English anyway and in the meantime the outfielders are discussing plans where they are going to get some trim after the game.

All very important things.  I've never seen the batter falling asleep though, we must be watching different baseball. 

STRAILY! That's the name I couldn't remember!

I fear Eshelman will be like that. Guy with some ML experience and some past success, but just comes up and tanks completely. Guess we'll see.

2 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Good one sir. We had BBQ chicken and I'm stuffed.

Having smoked salmon with a mushroom risotto.  (someone else smoked the salmon)

Just now, scOtt said:

STRAILY! That's the name I couldn't remember!

I fear Eshelman will be like that. Guy with some ML experience and some past success, but just comes up and tanks completely. Guess we'll see.

I don't think Eshelman has gotten a chance in the majors yet. He had too many guys ahead of him in Philly and was essentially blocked, so no ML experience waiting for his chance.