orpheus100

This may be the worst team of all time

13 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

At least we get the number 1 pick again

Welcome to the board!!  In the modern era, we are pretty bad, but unlikely to be in the top five all time worst records.  Our .275 winning percentage at present would place us 8th all time if carried over the rest of the season- with the worst three records being the Philadelphia Athletics of 1916 with 36 wins and 117 losses, the 1935 Boston Braves at 38 wins and 115 losses...( a team so bad that Babe Ruth gave up and retired as manager/player on June 1 of that season, his last) and the 1960 New York Mets at 40 wins and 120 losses.

If we win exactly what we did last year,  that would place us at 15th all-time. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe we can just post random facts about how bad the O’s are here. I know pitching wins don’t mean anything, but Means and Cashner are a combined 13-7. The rest of the pitchers are 9-51 (.150)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Maybe we can just post random facts about how bad the O’s are here. I know pitching wins don’t mean anything, but Means and Cashner are a combined 13-7. The rest of the pitchers are 9-51 (.150)

In games when Means and Cashner start we are 15-16.  Once Cashner is traded we will definitely be worst team of the modern era.

I think we are a shoe-in for most losses in modern era (since 1900)

4 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I may have to add a year or 2 to my estimation of when competitive Baseball returns.

Next year is gonna be rough, too.  I'm hoping they can crack 55 wins.  Obviously next years roster is going to look way different, no way we can tell what it'll look like.  But I hope we can see a small improvement.

12 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Cashner is the second most profitable pitcher in MLB to ahve bet on every game this year, behind Lucas Giolito.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

In games when Means and Cashner start we are 15-16.  Once Cashner is traded we will definitely be worst team of the modern era.

I think we are a shoe-in for most losses in modern era (since 1900)

We might be in a position where we are unable to trade Cashner.  We need someone to throw those innings.  Cashner can get 5, 6 innings and this team needs it.  They already have no idea what to do with him in the rotation, they'd be screwed without him.  Screwed from the perspective of having to give starts to Yacabonis, Rogers, whoever else.  It'll put more stress on the bullpen.  

Means and Cashner are the only ones that can go 5+ reliably.  Bundy has some nice stretches but he couldn't get it done today.  

They are grasping at straws to who gets starts and who throws innings.  Taking Cashner out of that equation makes it harder on everyone.  I still think they trade him but if they don't I'll understand why.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We might be in a position where we are unable to trade Cashner.  We need someone to throw those innings.  Cashner can get 5, 6 innings and this team needs it.  They already have no idea what to do with him in the rotation, they'd be screwed without him.  Screwed from the perspective of having to give starts to Yacabonis, Rogers, whoever else.  It'll put more stress on the bullpen.  

Means and Cashner are the only ones that can go 5+ reliably.  Bundy has some nice stretches but he couldn't get it done today.  

They are grasping at straws to who gets starts and who throws innings.  Taking Cashner out of that equation makes it harder on everyone.  I still think they trade him but if they don't I'll understand why.

I'm sure Cobb will be back any day now.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Next year is gonna be rough, too.  I'm hoping they can crack 55 wins.  Obviously next years roster is going to look way different, no way we can tell what it'll look like.  But I hope we can see a small improvement.

Elias needs to sign a ton of pitchers to minor league contracts with opt outs.  We need guys who can pitch 5 innings an outing at a 5.00 ERA.  I dont want to go through another season like this one again. Giving up double digit runs game after game wears a fan down.