Can_of_corn

Rays Offering $2 Tickets Vs O's

23 minutes ago, $Greatness$ said:

Come on, Orioles! We don't need the Rays one upping us! Make Oriole tickets $1! Let's go!

Orioles have made a statement that they will not lower prices this season. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I no longer have anyone to talk Rays baseball with on a regular basis.

You probably mocked their stadium so much they walk the other way when they see you.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

I'd much rather watch my good team play a bad team. Never really understood this kind of thing. As a fan I want to see a better chance of winning.

You dont want to see good players when you go to a game.

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Great idea. The Orioles should drop their Upper Deck prices to $5 the rest of the season.

Actually they should drop prices in the lower section and just close  the upper deck for the rest of the season.  

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Rays' ownership ain't exactly popular down here right now.  Not sure how much impact this will have.

Who the Montreal Devil Rays?

5 hours ago, weams said:

Orioles have made a statement that they will not lower prices this season. 

That's cool too, but that doesn't mean they can't renig on that. Not that its a big of deal, but yeah..

10 hours ago, atomic said:

You dont want to see good players when you go to a game.

We only are allowed to see four different teams.  Not much choice anyway.

8 hours ago, stillofan said:

Actually they should drop prices in the lower section and just close  the upper deck for the rest of the season.  

That way they could re-use all the home run balls the other teams hit; a good bit of change in all that cowhide.

Tickets to O's games will be $2 for the first three innings, which will be played at the Trop. The last six innings will be played in Montreal, where ticket prices will be $14.

It's a shame things went bad at that beer promotion years ago. That's how to get people to the ballpark. 

If I were the O's, I'd promote 50% off all concessions, including beer, and see what it does. Just do it one Friday night. Have other nights where kids attend free and can get duggout club pricing at any concession. 

Driving down from Gainesville for July 3rd game. Just bought 2 tix and reserved an air b&b for me and the fiancee. The Trop is the worst, but ain't making the trip to Baltimore this year. I'll take in some O's baseball for $6 total ($1 service fee for each seat). 

Edit: Shoot, Means is slated to start too! I am happy with this purchase.

Edited by Bubble Buddy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Yes — pretty sad.   
    • The one that stands out to me is that a guy primarily used in relief accumulated the most WAR among the pitchers.
    • Cumulative totals Record: 755-865 Runs scored: 7,034 Runs allowed: 7,774 Pythagorean record: 729-891 Most games played:  Adam Jones 1,362 Most plate appearances: Adam Jones, 5,808 Most hits: Adam Jones, 1,521 Most home runs: Chris Davis, 253 Highest WAR: Manny Machado, 31.0. Most innings: Chris Tillman, 1080 Most starts: Chris Tillman, 193 Most wins: Chris Tillman, 72 Most appearances: Darren O’Day, 391 Most saves: Zach Britton, 139 Highest pitcher WAR: Zach Britton, 13.7  
    • Juvier had a 6-89 stretch in the equivalent league as Delmarva.  Still I wouldn’t be against it.  Here’s some other SS available Reds: Alfredo Rodriguez, SS (No. 18) - The Reds gave Rodriguez $7 million to sign out of Cuba in 2016 with the hopes he’d be their future big league shortstop. He could defend in the big leagues right now, but he hasn’t hit consistently. There’s little impact with the bat, though he is coming off his best offensive season, hitting .286/.325/.347 in Double-A to earn a late promotion up a level. Angels: Leonardo Rivas, SS/2B (No. 25) - Rivas can run and he can defend, and he even added the outfield to his resume in 2019. Speed and versatility is a combination that can make for an intriguing Rule 5 pick, but he’s struggled to hit consistently (.252/.380/.362), albeit with solid on-base skills From https://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospects-in-the-2019-rule-5-draft?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage
    • List of some of the available Rule 5 players.  The list offers explanations of why guys were unprotected, https://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospects-in-the-2019-rule-5-draft?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage  - Zach Brown was his stuff and command decline all while nearly doubling his BB/9 - Juvier had a 6-89 stretch over 25 games in A ball.  After reading some more I think I’d want Jordan Sheffield then have us take two fliers on position players. I like a couple of the defense first SS that played in AA but have questions about their bat. Just going with the theory that they didn’t get to play with the juiced ball and they can at least handle the position defensively.  My wish list would be, - Dodgers: Jordan Sheffield, RHP (No. 26) - Reds: Alfredo Rodriguez, SS (No. 18) - The Reds gave Rodriguez $7 million to sign out of Cuba in 2016 with the hopes he’d be their future big league shortstop - One of the 3B, COF bats available. Santana from LAD or Moises Gomez from TB. 
    • I know he was really bad, but those numbers.... those are eye popping.  And to think we had someone who was even worse (Straily)!
  • Popular Contributors