DirtyBird

Adam Stauffer

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Guessing the stadium gun is slow? He had one pitch at 88 on Friday, nothing else above 87. Looked good though, looks like a grown man out there. 

What did the stadium gun have McLarty at?

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

What did the stadium gun have McLarty at?

Dunno specifically, but no one from either side broke 88. Which I suppose is telling. 

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Dunno specifically, but no one from either side broke 88. Which I suppose is telling. 

Ok, I think it’s slow, someone told me the guns behind the plate had him in the low 90s. I don’t know normal velocities for all of the pitchers but I know Magno and McLarty both usually hit the low 90s.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

He's been promoted to Delmarva.  Aberdeen announced it today.

I wonder if that means someone at Delmarva is getting a promotion?   Otherwise, I don’t know where they’re putting him.   

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if that means someone at Delmarva is getting a promotion?   Otherwise, I don’t know where they’re putting him.   

RHP Matt De La Rosa was placed on the 7 day IL in the corresponding move.

• Upvote 1

Scoreless inning of relief tonight.   The game was shortened by rain; my guess is Stauffer would have pitched longer but for that.  

• Upvote 2

Stauffer started tonight for Delmarva and threw 4 scoreless innings, yielding one hit and one walk while fanning 6.   He’s unscored on in 7 IP since his promotion.   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Stauffer started tonight for Delmarva and threw 4 scoreless innings, yielding one hit and one walk while fanning 6.   He’s unscored on in 7 IP since his promotion.   

Very good.  I've been following his progress as well, ever since @Luke-OH mentioned him on Twitter over a month ago. I must say that having him doing well at Delmarva is quite encouraging. 

So many pitchers in the minors having really good years is such a pleasant surprise! So far the new regime is getting an A+ for me in pitching development in the minors.

• Upvote 1

2 more scoreless innings for Stauffer, 1 hit, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts.   Still unscored upon in 9 innings at Delmarva.   

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

2 more scoreless innings for Stauffer, 1 hit, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts.   Still unscored upon in 9 innings at Delmarva.   

He was quite wild today, but no one could hit the fastball. He made Red Sox top prospect Tristan Casas look bad. He had 5 swinging strikes on fastballs striking out the side in the 8th in a 14 pitch inning. 

Just now, Luke-OH said:

He was quite wild today, but no one could hit the fastball. He made Red Sox top prospect Tristan Casas look bad. He had 5 swinging strikes on fastballs striking out the side in the 8th in a 14 pitch inning. 

So what happens with Stauffer next year, do you think?    Does he begin at Delmarva, but in a starter’s role?   Or does he move to Frederick, possibly as a reliever?