Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I would just like to sit back and enjoy winning two consecutive games for the first time since May 6 and winning a series for the first time since April 24.   I’m not worried/hoping that this means we’re now a transformed team.    

Exactly. There's been plenty of losing so far, and plenty more to come. I'll enjoy the fact that I was able to watch most of the last to games on TV, and they won. They even resembled a ML team which is even better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wildcard said:

About 6 months early for them.

Yes,their service team starts after Thanksgiving. Don't want them rushed. Also if you only bring those two up, might get the others mad.I know you can't bring up Rudolph.He has a drug issue,why he has a red nose.Also not sure their agent,Santa and Peter Angelo's get along.Santa thinks Peter is not a good boy or owner. Also do the reliever pitchers after them will literally have to clean up their mess   Also Donner and Blitzen don't wear at least three or four chains around their neck like most Orioles.Also be difficult to do that starting a lawnmower thing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love the hangout. One thread asking if we’re the worst team of all time, another wondering if this team is going to start suddenly winning a bunch of games, all within three days of each other. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Back to back 1:1's like the Nats had to get Harper and Strasburg, please.  

Unfortunately the Strasbourg guy  might only be a freshman in college this year and won’t be available.  We will need top pick in 2021 to get him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sisco and Santander are more exciting than Rickard/Sucre.  While it's not a turnaround it is nice to see young guys doing well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,their service team starts after Thanksgiving. Don't want them rushed. Also if you only bring those two up, might get the others mad.I know you can't bring up Rudolph.He has a drug issue,why he has a red nose.Also not sure their agent,Santa and Peter Angelo's get along.Santa thinks Peter is not a good boy or owner. Also do the reliever pitchers after them will literally have to clean up their mess   Also Donner and Blitzen don't wear at least three or four chains around their neck like most Orioles.Also be difficult to do that starting a lawnmower thing.

Hey if they can wind up wihout losing hind leg contact with the rubber, they can certainly do the lawn mower thing. Rudolf was kicked off the team. Aside from D & B, it's Dasher (base stealer), Dancer (runs onto the field and hugs those unappreciated coaches), Prancer (vestige from the days when another player would trot the bases for a home run), Vixen (stands outside the dugout and interviews players), Comet (only shows up on fireworks night), and Cupid (autographs and writes phone numbers on balls and tosses them to lovelies sitting near the bullpen). Except for Comet, they all sport bling around their necks or on their harness (Comet's burned off).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orioles have 24 wins, with 80 games remaining.   In order to get to 90 wins, which would give us a reasonable shot at the wild card, we would  have to win 90-24  = 66 games, or a winning percentage of .825.   You would need almost an entire all star team, in order to pull that off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GuidoSarducci said:

Orioles have 24 wins, with 80 games remaining.   In order to get to 90 wins, which would give us a reasonable shot at the wild card, we would  have to win 90-24  = 66 games, or a winning percentage of .825.   You would need almost an entire all star team, in order to pull that off. 

I read yesterday that if the O's won out from here and the Yankees kept winning at the same pace that the best the O's could do is the wildcard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I read yesterday that if the O's won out from here and the Yankees kept winning at the same pace that the best the O's could do is the wildcard.

Yes, Yankees would still take the division For the Yanks 162 * 0.654 = 105-106 wins

Orioles 24 + 80 = 104 wins

Edited by GuidoSarducci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What are they, like 7-42 when Cashner and Means don't start?

It's pretty amazing they're a combined 15-7 on a team that's 24-58 overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

We win two 13-0 games and wildcard is thinking this is a turnaround.

Only Captain Sample Size could dream up a situation where this team turns on a dime and starts winning games, where guys like Tom Eshelman and Chandler Shepard (two guys half this board had never heard of 4 months ago) ride in to the rescue to save the season un#%&@ing this team enough to not get the 1:1 the following year.  

And I gotta hand it to him, the way he wrote that OP had me thinking this lineup was the second coming of the '27 Yankees.  I was almost....ALMOST a believer.  

I enjoy wildcard's posts, but sometimes I wonder if he is just trolling the board.

The sad thing is we could go .667 down the stretch (our pace over the last series) and we would still end up with only 78 wins!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I enjoy wildcard's posts, but sometimes I wonder if he is just trolling the board.

The sad thing is we could go .667 down the stretch (our pace over the last series) and we would still end up with only 78 wins!

This thread was never intended to say that O's could make the playoff this season.   Or even be a winning team.   The point was that some of the changes made by Elias so far may lead to a better offense.  Read the OP again. The question I was asking is could the improvements cause the O's to not get as high a draft choice next June as they want.

I think some of the responding posts took the thread in a whole different, unrealistic direction.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This thread was never intended to say that O's could make the playoff this season.   Or even be a winning team.   The point was that some of the changes made by Elias so far may lead to a better offense.  Read the OP again. The question I was asking is could the improvements cause the O's to not get as high a draft choice next June as they want.

I think some of the responding posts took the thread in a whole different, unrealistic direction.

Personally, I think the O’s are a lock for the first pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...