TheDeau52

Trade Market

Probably the week after the All-Star break for the league as a whole. 

We may not make any trades until closer to July 31 though.  I don't see another team going after any of our pieces aggressively enough for a trade to occur in the first half of the month like we saw with Manny last year. 

19 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

We may not make any trades until closer to July 31 though.  I don't see another team going after any of our pieces aggressively enough for a trade to occur in the first half of the month like we saw with Manny last year. 

Makes sense. Thanks for the intel.

21 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If I were another team I would want Cashner as early as possible.  I don’t see us having anyone else with a great trade market.

31 minutes ago, atomic said:

If I were another team I would want Cashner as early as possible.  I don’t see us having anyone else with a great trade market.

What about Bundy, assuming the price is right?

54 minutes ago, atomic said:

Agree totally. Cashner won’t bring much but a lot of teams will want to offer “not much” for him and the longer they delay the more the “much” becomes.

24 minutes ago, TheDeau52 said:

What about Bundy, assuming the price is right?

5 run ERA last year, 5 run ERA this year.  I doubt you get much of anything for him.  Better to keep him to eat innings.

Just now, atomic said:

5 run ERA last year, 5 run ERA this year.  I doubt you get much of anything for him.  Better to keep him to eat innings.

Good point, probably too optimistic on that count.

I don't expect to get much for Givens and Cashier's contract status might give Elias pause to trade him unless the value is good.  Basically,  we might not be very active. Villar, Cashner, Givens, if the price is right.

47 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don't expect to get much for Givens and Cashier's contract status might give Elias pause to trade him unless the value is good.  Basically,  we might not be very active. Villar, Cashner, Givens, if the price is right.

Csshner’s contract ends after this season, doesn’t it?

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Csshner’s contract ends after this season, doesn’t it?

I believe an option for 2020 vests if he pitches about 187 innings this year.  I don't know whether the Orioles can pick up that option even if doesn't hit the innings mark. If he's definitely going to be a FA after this year then Elias will take what he can get.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I believe an option for 2020 vests if he pitches about 187 innings this year.  I don't know whether the Orioles can pick up that option even if doesn't hit the innings mark. If he's definitely going to be a FA after this year then Elias will take what he can get.

The Orioles can pick up his option for next year for $10 million,

Keep in mind salary and Arbitration for next year

Villar - $4.83 —> $6 million

Bundy - $2.8 —> $4.5 million

Givens - $2.15 —> $3 million

Cashner - $9 million —> FA 

Who knows how much salary we’re going to want to cut. We’re also free is Trumbo’s salary. It also depends on what the offers are for our guys. I think that Bundy and Givens we don’t have to trade. Cashner and Villar have to go. Hopefully some contender needs a SS and Villar can fill that role. 

Bundy, like Gausman, has drawn interest from teams basically his entire time here despite never putting up good stats. I wouldn't be shocked if they traded him. Cashner and Villar seem like the most obvious choices though.