Jump to content
interloper

Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

69% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He had a 2-to-1 Strikes-to-Balls Ratio overall.

 

 

16 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/02)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 5 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll2

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 96 )(64 )Strikes, )32 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.75 )l 5.33 IP  (4 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.313 )l )  5.33 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .238 ))  (5 for 21)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

20 ll(15 lllStrikes, llll5 lllBalls)

81 lll(71 lllStrikes, llll1 lllBalls)

23 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll8 lllBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 lllBalls)

21 lll(13 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls)

15 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls) ) *

 

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

 

o

Wonder if he’ll be sent down too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So like, we spent 57 million on Cobb. And got these two guys for monopoly money. I wonder if its a good deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

69% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He had a 2-to-1 Strikes-to-Balls Ratio overall.

 

 

16 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/02)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 5 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll2

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 96 )(64 )Strikes, )32 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.75 )l 5.33 IP  (4 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.313 )l )  5.33 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .238 ))  (5 for 21)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

20 ll(15 lllStrikes, llll5 lllBalls)

81 lll(71 lllStrikes, llll1 lllBalls)

23 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll8 lllBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 lllBalls)

21 lll(13 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls)

15 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls) ) *

 

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

 

o

o

 

Santander’s Catch, Wojciechowski’s Start, and Davis’ Home Run

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/07/santanders-catch-wojciechowskis-start-and-davis-home-run.html

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

High on the Strikeouts (6), but also high on the Walks (3.

All 4 Hits that Wojo ceded were for extra bases.

Shawn Armstrong did him a big favor by stranding Wojo's runner at 3rd base with only one out in the 5th inning.

 

 

13 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Lineout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/07)

IP:l.4.33

H:lll 4 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 2 Doubles)

R:lllll 3

BB:ll3

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 80 )(53 )Strikes, )27 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.10 )l 10.33 IP  (7 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.452 )l )  10.33 IP  (15 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .244 ))  (10 for 41)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

33 ll(20 lllStrikes, ll13 lllllBalls)

13 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

61 lll(51 lllStrikes, lllll11 lllBalls)

24 ll(14 lllStrikes, ll10 lllllBalls)

41 lll(41 lllStrikes, llll01 lllBalls) ) *

 

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, Tx Oriole said:

Wonder if he’ll be sent down too?

Doesn't have options, I believe.  Same for Brooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

 

He doesn't have options, I believe. Same for Brooks.

 

o

 

Brooks was out  of options before either one of us was born.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

I thought that Wojo was a little bit unlucky in  the 3rd inning, when Mancini failed to catch a ball at the wall with 2 outs.

7 Strikeouts and 0 Walks is a good sign ........ in his last outing he was high on the Strikeouts (6), but he was also high on the Walks (3.)

 

 

16 OUTS: 7 Strikeouts, 6 Flyouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Groundout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. NATIONALS, 7/16)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 6 )) (2 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:lllll 3

BB:ll0 ) *

SO:ll7

Pitches: )l 95 )(59 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 5.74)l 15.67 IP  (10 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.340 )l )  15.67 IP  (21 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .254 ))  (16 for 63)

 

* )) Wojciechowski had 1 Hit Batsman 

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

26 ll(16 lllStrikes, ll10 lllllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

24 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll91 lllBalls)

14 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

91 lll(61 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

51 lll(31 lllStrikes, llll21 lllBalls) ) **

 

** )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

Wojo had a Perfect Game going until he hit Brock Holt with a pitch in the 3rd inning ........ in fact, this was his 2nd consecutive start in which he has hit a batter.

This was also his 3rd consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 3 starts combined, he has 23 Strikeouts over 17 Innings Pitched.

 

 

22 OUTS: 10 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Lineouts, 2 Flyouts

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 7/21)

IP:ll7.33

H:lll 1 )) (1 Double)

R:lllll 0

BB:ll2 ) *

SO:l10

Pitches: )l 105 )(68 )Strikes, )37 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.91)l 23.00 IP  (10 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.043 )l )  23.00 IP  (24 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .200 ))  (17 for 85)

 

* )) Wojciechowski also had 1 Hit Batsman 

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

15 lll(12 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

12 lll(51 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

11 lll(11 lllStrikes, llll01 lllBalls)

91 lll(31 lllStrikes, llll61 lllBalls) ) **

 

** )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

 

o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching the Hall of Fame coverage and I see flashing on the ticker *NO HITTER ALERT*  .... Asher Wojciechowski??  

Well, sometimes pitchers can benefit from unfamiliarity.  But he's on my radar now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, OFFNY said:

o

 

Wojo had a Perfect Game going until he hit Brock Holt with a pitch in the 3rd inning ........ in fact, this was his 2nd consecutive start in which he has hit a batter.

This was also his 3rd consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 3 starts combined, he has 23 Strikeouts over 17 Innings Pitched.

 

 

22 OUTS: 10 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Lineouts, 2 Flyouts

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 7/21)

IP:ll7.33

H:lll 1 )) (1 Double)

R:lllll 0

BB:ll2 ) *

SO:l10

Pitches: )l 105 )(68 )Strikes, )37 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.91)l 23.00 IP  (10 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.043 )l )  23.00 IP  (24 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .200 ))  (17 for 85)

 

* )) Wojciechowski also had 1 Hit Batsman 

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

15 lll(12 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

12 lll(51 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

11 lll(11 lllStrikes, llll01 lllBalls)

91 lll(31 lllStrikes, llll61 lllBalls) ) **

 

** )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

 

o

o

 

A Look at Wojciechowski’s Swing-and-Miss Stuff

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/another-look-at-asher-wojciechowskis-swing-and-miss-stuff.html

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

A Look at Wojciechowski’s Swing-and-Miss Stuff

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/another-look-at-asher-wojciechowskis-swing-and-miss-stuff.html

 

o

o

 

Interview ........

 

Scott & Jeremy With Wojo

(By Alex Woodward)

https://1057thefan.radio.com/blogs/scott -jeremy/orioles-pitcher-asher-wojciechowski-discusses-his-no-hit-bid-against-red-sox

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-asher-wojciechowski-repertoire-20190726-yaknfltrdjhsneyl3jnpnw3npq-story.html

 

Quote

“Just working with the Indians and the edgertronic videos, the high-speed videos, seeing how my stuff plays, overlaying video and seeing, ‘All right, this is how your pitches are coming out,’ that helped me a lot, looking at all the data that they were giving me and seeing what my strengths were and trying to stick with my strengths to the best of my abilities,” Wojciechowski said. “As long as it’s presented well, it’s very beneficial.

“It’s being able to be like, ‘OK, this is what the data’s saying. Here’s your strengths from this. This is where you need to throw this pitch to have success,’ and that was something the Indians were extremely good at.”

With a minor-league opt-out upcoming, the Indians traded him to the Orioles for cash considerations. Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

I agree, they should be tighter on the messaging they are allowing the players.

No advantage to the team in letting that data out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Bad move and I am not going to be excited about it! I gave a list in my last posts of guys they could've taken a shot on in the rule 5. Obviously some of them aren't ready but who cares. They would've saved around 1 million dollars and as long as his glove plays who cares if you are signing a guy that going to get on base as such a low percentage anyway. I honestly thought Elias would move away from the low OBP guys that have been a staple of Orioles baseball for a long time. I understand trading Iglesias for resources ....But I don't see how signing this guy does anything but cost extra money that the Orioles are showing signs of financial distress.
    • I said I was exaggerating! I'm not incorrect in saying that this move is "Dumpster Diving" or the Bottom of Bargain Bin signing! And as @Tony-OH said they could've just gave the at bats to Martin or someone else that we have playing for the minimum. Or draft a guy in the rule 5 that perhaps has a future in MLB baseball. Like Lenyn Sosa, SS, Alfredo Rodriguez, SS , Wenceel Perez, SS , Livan Soto, SS , Leonardo Rivas, SS , Omar Estevez, 2B/SS,  Wander Javier, SS , Arquimedes Gamboa SS, Jordy Barley SS, Kevin Smith SS/3B Players that I highlighted 1) Wander Javier 60 ARM/60 GLOVE 2) Livan Soto   55 ARM/ 60 GLOVE /50 HIT 3) Leonardo Rivas 60 ARM/60 GLOVE/55 HIT (***BB PROSPECTUS 2020) 4) Arquimedes Gamboa 60 ARM/60 GLOVE /60 RUN 5) Jordy Barley 60 ARM/ 55 GLOVE/60RUN 6) Kevin Smith  60 ARM/ 55 GLOVE https://www.mlb.com/news/rule-5-draft-eligible-prospects-2020   AND DONT BE A TROLL!!  
    • Me either, but apparently they believe Galvis is a significantly better player then he's been over the last few years offensively and the major drop off last year defensively was apparently an aberration, because players normally get better at 31.  I don't hate this move, I just don't see what it does all that much. I think they could have player Sanchez at SS and probably gotten the same defense and allowed Valaika or Urias to play 2B every day to see what they have. But hey, why not bring in a 31-year old with bad defensive numbers last year and well below average stick?
    • I just dont understand why anyone would be excited about this move.
    • It was his first year back calling games in 2020 and unless Garceau started cursing during broadcasts last year, he was always going to be in the fold. 
    • We won 14 games last year and 11 games this year doing exactly what I'm saying, and Lamar won an MVP for it last year.  Brees won 12 games this year without really throwing downfield, including beating the bucs twice in the regular season.  Manning won a super bowl in 2016 without being able to throw it deep.  So no, I'm not wrong.  If you don't think Lamar specifically can succeed with midrange passes then I'd like to know why.  But there are plenty of examples of successful QBs within the past 5 years that didn't rely on deep balls.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...