Jump to content
interloper

Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

69% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He had a 2-to-1 Strikes-to-Balls Ratio overall.

 

 

16 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/02)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 5 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll2

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 96 )(64 )Strikes, )32 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.75 )l 5.33 IP  (4 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.313 )l )  5.33 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .238 ))  (5 for 21)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

20 ll(15 lllStrikes, llll5 lllBalls)

81 lll(71 lllStrikes, llll1 lllBalls)

23 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll8 lllBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 lllBalls)

21 lll(13 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls)

15 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls) ) *

 

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

 

o

Wonder if he’ll be sent down too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So like, we spent 57 million on Cobb. And got these two guys for monopoly money. I wonder if its a good deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

69% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He had a 2-to-1 Strikes-to-Balls Ratio overall.

 

 

16 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/02)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 5 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll2

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 96 )(64 )Strikes, )32 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.75 )l 5.33 IP  (4 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.313 )l )  5.33 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .238 ))  (5 for 21)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

20 ll(15 lllStrikes, llll5 lllBalls)

81 lll(71 lllStrikes, llll1 lllBalls)

23 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll8 lllBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 lllBalls)

21 lll(13 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls)

15 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll8 lllBalls) ) *

 

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

 

o

o

 

Santander’s Catch, Wojciechowski’s Start, and Davis’ Home Run

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/07/santanders-catch-wojciechowskis-start-and-davis-home-run.html

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

High on the Strikeouts (6), but also high on the Walks (3.

All 4 Hits that Wojo ceded were for extra bases.

Shawn Armstrong did him a big favor by stranding Wojo's runner at 3rd base with only one out in the 5th inning.

 

 

13 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Lineout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/07)

IP:l.4.33

H:lll 4 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 2 Doubles)

R:lllll 3

BB:ll3

SO:ll6

Pitches: )l 80 )(53 )Strikes, )27 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.10 )l 10.33 IP  (7 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.452 )l )  10.33 IP  (15 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .244 ))  (10 for 41)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

33 ll(20 lllStrikes, ll13 lllllBalls)

13 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

61 lll(51 lllStrikes, lllll11 lllBalls)

24 ll(14 lllStrikes, ll10 lllllBalls)

41 lll(41 lllStrikes, llll01 lllBalls) ) *

 

* )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, Tx Oriole said:

Wonder if he’ll be sent down too?

Doesn't have options, I believe.  Same for Brooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

 

He doesn't have options, I believe. Same for Brooks.

 

o

 

Brooks was out  of options before either one of us was born.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

I thought that Wojo was a little bit unlucky in  the 3rd inning, when Mancini failed to catch a ball at the wall with 2 outs.

7 Strikeouts and 0 Walks is a good sign ........ in his last outing he was high on the Strikeouts (6), but he was also high on the Walks (3.)

 

 

16 OUTS: 7 Strikeouts, 6 Flyouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Groundout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. NATIONALS, 7/16)

IP:ll5.33

H:lll 6 )) (2 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:lllll 3

BB:ll0 ) *

SO:ll7

Pitches: )l 95 )(59 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 5.74)l 15.67 IP  (10 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.340 )l )  15.67 IP  (21 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .254 ))  (16 for 63)

 

* )) Wojciechowski had 1 Hit Batsman 

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

26 ll(16 lllStrikes, ll10 lllllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

24 lll(15 lllStrikes, llll91 lllBalls)

14 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

91 lll(61 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

51 lll(31 lllStrikes, llll21 lllBalls) ) **

 

** )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

Wojo had a Perfect Game going until he hit Brock Holt with a pitch in the 3rd inning ........ in fact, this was his 2nd consecutive start in which he has hit a batter.

This was also his 3rd consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 3 starts combined, he has 23 Strikeouts over 17 Innings Pitched.

 

 

22 OUTS: 10 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Lineouts, 2 Flyouts

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 7/21)

IP:ll7.33

H:lll 1 )) (1 Double)

R:lllll 0

BB:ll2 ) *

SO:l10

Pitches: )l 105 )(68 )Strikes, )37 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.91)l 23.00 IP  (10 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.043 )l )  23.00 IP  (24 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .200 ))  (17 for 85)

 

* )) Wojciechowski also had 1 Hit Batsman 

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

15 lll(12 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

12 lll(51 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

11 lll(11 lllStrikes, llll01 lllBalls)

91 lll(31 lllStrikes, llll61 lllBalls) ) **

 

** )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

 

o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching the Hall of Fame coverage and I see flashing on the ticker *NO HITTER ALERT*  .... Asher Wojciechowski??  

Well, sometimes pitchers can benefit from unfamiliarity.  But he's on my radar now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, OFFNY said:

o

 

Wojo had a Perfect Game going until he hit Brock Holt with a pitch in the 3rd inning ........ in fact, this was his 2nd consecutive start in which he has hit a batter.

This was also his 3rd consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 3 starts combined, he has 23 Strikeouts over 17 Innings Pitched.

 

 

22 OUTS: 10 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Lineouts, 2 Flyouts

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 7/21)

IP:ll7.33

H:lll 1 )) (1 Double)

R:lllll 0

BB:ll2 ) *

SO:l10

Pitches: )l 105 )(68 )Strikes, )37 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.91)l 23.00 IP  (10 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.043 )l )  23.00 IP  (24 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .200 ))  (17 for 85)

 

* )) Wojciechowski also had 1 Hit Batsman 

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

15 lll(12 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

12 lll(51 lllStrikes, llll71 lllBalls)

11 lll(11 lllStrikes, llll01 lllBalls)

91 lll(31 lllStrikes, llll61 lllBalls) ) **

 

** )) Wojciechowski recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

 

o

o

 

A Look at Wojciechowski’s Swing-and-Miss Stuff

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/another-look-at-asher-wojciechowskis-swing-and-miss-stuff.html

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

A Look at Wojciechowski’s Swing-and-Miss Stuff

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/another-look-at-asher-wojciechowskis-swing-and-miss-stuff.html

 

o

o

 

Interview ........

 

Scott & Jeremy With Wojo

(By Alex Woodward)

https://1057thefan.radio.com/blogs/scott -jeremy/orioles-pitcher-asher-wojciechowski-discusses-his-no-hit-bid-against-red-sox

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-asher-wojciechowski-repertoire-20190726-yaknfltrdjhsneyl3jnpnw3npq-story.html

 

Quote

“Just working with the Indians and the edgertronic videos, the high-speed videos, seeing how my stuff plays, overlaying video and seeing, ‘All right, this is how your pitches are coming out,’ that helped me a lot, looking at all the data that they were giving me and seeing what my strengths were and trying to stick with my strengths to the best of my abilities,” Wojciechowski said. “As long as it’s presented well, it’s very beneficial.

“It’s being able to be like, ‘OK, this is what the data’s saying. Here’s your strengths from this. This is where you need to throw this pitch to have success,’ and that was something the Indians were extremely good at.”

With a minor-league opt-out upcoming, the Indians traded him to the Orioles for cash considerations. Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

I agree, they should be tighter on the messaging they are allowing the players.

No advantage to the team in letting that data out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • I’m pretty sure they are family members as well.
    • “The reality is we weren’t going to play more than 60 games, no matter how the negotiation with the players went, or any other factor,"  That comment trumps the other comments. He’s saying that “regardless of the negotiations” Well then, why have negotiations? Why not say, “we’re only gonna have 60 games and we’re going to start in July” Why waste so much time on posturing that, according to Manfred himself, was useless?  That’s why I asked the lawyers in the crowd For their thoughts. Spirit of 66 is not a lawyer, but his comment was very cogent
    • Yes... probably mostly bad in Florida. Plus they tend to want pimento and other stuff in the south. I was in Georgia for a while and a pretty high profile place with several locations called Ray’s had a pretty good quality cake, but it had chopped pepper in it and served it with a garlic aioli. They had Old Bay in the kitchen so you could request it. But I don’t believe it was in their recipe. If you ever get through Atlanta look them up!
    • Boarman's Market in Highland often has some good ones in their butcher/seafood section.  Great place, this old fashioned farmers market / grocer with hand painted signs in an area of HoCo that was once all farms but is now full of neighborhoods with million dollar houses.  But Boarman's hasn't changed. I'll swing by there on a Friday onmy way to Blacksburg for a football weekend and pick up a pound of their fresh made daily breakfast sausage for us to have at our tailgate the next day.  Got a dozen crabcakes there once and we grilled them at our tailgate the next day and they were fantastic.
    • Timbuktu’s are good but they prices have skyrocketed.  The the Olive Grove which is right up the street from G&M.   They are comparable to G&M in size and lump meat but have a little more zing to them.
    • I ordered crab cakes in Columbus Ohio once and I can’t recommend any more highly to never do that. They were about the size of a quarter and we’re pretty inedible. I had some good crab cakes at Jordan Pond House in Acadia National Park in Maine a few times.  
    • It is exactly the same as the minor leagues.  Think of the 30 to 34 guys not on the MLB 26-28-30 man roster as being Norfolk. A guy on the 40 who doesn't make the team has to be optioned.  Promote a non 40 man roster guy from the 60 to the ML roster and you have to make room on the 40 man.   It's exactly the same as the minors.  A guy who goes down has to stay down for 10 days, etc. But don't call it the taxi squad because that term is used for the 3 guys you are allowed to bring on a road trip just in case you have an injury and travel is difficult to get a replacement.  Those are 3 guys from the 60, they make the trip.  At least one must be a C.  But that's all, they aren't even announced.  If an injury does occur and one gets activates, all the above rules apply.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...