Jump to content
interloper

Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

Eh, they've already come so far. It's going to take time and I'm glad to hear they apparently told him they're working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

Wojociechoski is a funny guy.

This was his 4th consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 4 starts combined, he has 29 Strikeouts over 24 Innings Pitched.

I suspect that the Oriole bullpen at-large was very happy to see him complete 7 innings, after last night's marathon.

 

 

21 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 5 Popouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Fouout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 7/26)

IP:ll7

H:lll 3 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 1 Double)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1 

SO:lll6

Pitches: )l 100 )(64 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.60)l 30.00 IP  (12 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 0.933 )l )  30.00 IP  (28 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .183 ))  (20 for 109)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

10 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll21 lllBalls)

10 lll(61 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

12 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

29 lll(15 lllStrikes, ll14 lllllBalls)

15 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious if something has clicked for him.   Watching his last three starts,  makes me almost excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day.     He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters.   Color me intrigued 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Keygans said:

I’m curious if something has clicked for him.   Watching his last three starts,  makes me almost excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day.     He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters.   Color me intrigued

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

I think it’s somewhere between the color of friendship and the color of money :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keygans said:

 

Im curious if something has clicked for him. In watching his last three starts, it almost makes me excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day. He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters. Color me intrigued.

 

 

 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

 

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

 

o

 

ORANGE-AND-BLACK

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

Wojociechoski is a funny guy.

This was his 4th consecutive start in which he had a high Strikeout total ........ in his last 4 starts combined, he has 29 Strikeouts over 24 Innings Pitched.

I suspect that the Oriole bullpen at-large was very happy to see him complete 7 innings, after last night's marathon.

 

 

21 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 5 Popouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Fouout

 

RANDALL ASHER WOJCIECHOWSKI )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 7/26)

IP:ll7

H:lll 3 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 1 Double)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1 

SO:lll6

Pitches: )l 100 )(64 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.60)l 30.00 IP  (12 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 0.933 )l )  30.00 IP  (28 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .183 ))  (20 for 109)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

13 lll(91 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

10 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll21 lllBalls)

10 lll(61 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

12 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll41 lllBalls)

29 lll(15 lllStrikes, ll14 lllllBalls)

15 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll51 lllBalls)

11 lll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 lllBalls)

 

o

o

 

Wojciechowski in Control in Win Over Angels

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/07/nice-follow-up-act-wojciechowski-in-control-in-win-over-angels.html

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I would, but I’m not sure which color that is.

Intrigue. Intrigue is a dark, gray, spiced brown with a Sedona red-rock undertone. It is a perfect paint color for an exquisite exterior trim and door, an interior accent wall behind a media center or behind a bookcase for depth and quiet. https://www.ppgpittsburghpaints.com/color/paint-colors/reds/intrigue-ppg1019-7

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Asher be a free agent at the end of the season no matter what? I remember when Rich Hill came back and was lights out the last 2 months of the season. I think he got a 2-year, 10 million deal from the As and was worth every penny. I wonder what the Os are thinking re: Asher. Hmmm... filler or find?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Will Asher be a free agent at the end of the season no matter what? I remember when Rich Hill came back and was lights out the last 2 months of the season. I think he got a 2-year, 10 million deal from the As and was worth every penny. I wonder what the Os are thinking re: Asher. Hmmm... filler or find?

Asher does not have enough service time to be a Free Agent,  He is not Arbitration Eligible until 2021,  He has been designated for assignment, cleared and dealt to the Minors before so there is no option there. He is also Out Of Options so ihe needs to remain on the twenty-Five to be retained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Keygans said:

I’m curious if something has clicked for him.   Watching his last three starts,  makes me almost excited to want to watch him pitch every fifth day.     He seems to have a good idea how to approach hitters.   Color me intrigued 

I was very excited to watch him last night, and I was overjoyed that he continued his dominance for a second game against a different lineup. Can’t wait for his next start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Wojciechowski admitted the same data hasn’t been available to him since coming to Baltimore earlier this month, but he knows the organization’s new front office is working on upgrading the franchise in those areas.

Well, that’s a little concerning.

Definitely don’t like to hear things like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the Nats game in Baltimore when Asher pitched. He looked different than all the other pitchers that day. Just appeared very comfortable on the mound, poised and confident. Good size and frame too. Could be a find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, byrdz said:

Definitely don’t like to hear things like this.

It's nothing we didn't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Currently, the pitching staff is 14th in WAR (in the majors), 10th best in walk rate, 17th in total ERA and 7th in BP ERA. Nice numbers considering we apparently have the worst catchers in baseball.  I’m shocked that they could be this awful defensively, game calling, framing, etc...and yet we are finding some early success after building on last year, which wasn’t as bad as suspected. It’s almost as if the catchers defense can be overcome by other factors! (Or people are just clueless as to how to actually judge a C defense)
    • The issue is that you are intentionally taking the GMs statement that the Os are not measuring success by wins as meaning something else....that the Orioles are not trying to win games. And then extrapolating that into the Orioles are trying to lose games.    That simply isn’t what is going on. And I think you know that. I think in general folks are on board with the rebuild. We are also at the point where we are about as far from being competitive as we have been in a long time.      I don’t know how much the pandemic has effected the rebuild, but minor leagues have been shut down for a loooong time.  I can’t help but think it probably cost us a full year.    I don’t know if Hyde will be the manager in 2 months or 2 years.  I really don’t worry about that at all. Right now, I just want to see the Os get better and develop talent.    I would say this is the last year the Os can continue with a mindset of we are not measuring success with wins. I think it is likely that success next year will be marked by small improvement to something along the lines of 75-80 wins.    I am trying to enjoy the moments.    The moments Mancini reminds us of what he can be. The moments Mountcastle reminds us that he could be in the mix for ROY. The moments John Means looks like a real #1 or #2. And yes the moment we get to see AR, Diaz and others crack the lineup.    It’s not the same as fretting over when Hyde rests Santander or who he pitches in the 8th or 9th. But this ain’t Toronto and whether or not we use our historically good closer in the 6th, 11th or ever. Hyde is gonna learn or he won’t. In the end, of the GM gets the talent part, getting someone to manage will be a breeze. 
    • Personally, I'm surprised Sisco didn't get charged with a PB.  He has looked bad this year.
    • Yea, to think some people actually bought the idea that no outside food had to do with covid.
    • I’m not going until I don’t have to wear a mask outside. MASN will do just fine until this mess is over and people aren’t ratting others out for mask vs. no mask.
    • Yeah, hard to see how there could be an instinct (in any useful definition of the term) for a heavily rule-regulated game like baseball. I think the "feel," "knack," etc. for a sport arises from early inculcation and many years of repetition, coaching, and emulation. Even "tools," though necessary and closer to what one might consider innate abilities, can't provide that. In fact, I think that there are just as many times that a "hunch" (the closest I can come at the moment to defining instinct) leads to bad results as good ones, e.g. trying to take an extra base or steal one at the wrong time or in the wrong game situation or all sorts of guesses, such as what type of pitch will be thrown or where a ball is going to be hit, when not based in study or prep. Sometimes a manager's role is to rein in what the player's "instinct" is, such as when a pitcher is convinced they can go longer, but actually should be taken out.
    • April 18, following series win vs Ranger: Win Div: 0.0% Win Wild Card 0.0% Make Playoffs 0.0% It was fun while it lasted, there is now zero chance.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...