Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Trying to Salvage a Game (vs. D-RAYS, 7/03)

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Good thing they brought the pinch runner for Chance in, not sure that run would have scored otherwise.

Severino was in the game anyway. Plus Steve had to come in for Broxton. So why not?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Good thing Wilkerson came on as a pinch runner there.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Good thing they brought the pinch runner for Chance in, not sure that run would have scored otherwise.

Great minds snark alike.

The first thing an offensive player has to do for me to think they may have value to a major league club is to enter their first major slump and then bounce back out of it with another hot streak. Santander has done it. Nunez is doing it. Sisco is coming into his own offensively too. Severino has done it. If Alberto keeps showing he can maintain an average in the .300-.320 range, he may be around for awhile even without much power. There's several guys on the offensive side that may be here in a few years.

I just turned the game on in the start of the inning.  That was pretty satisfying iso far but I think only the Nunez ball should have been a hit.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Best inning of the season considering a tie game in the 9th?

Coincidentally one of my other favorite innings of this season came in Tampa after Givens blew the save and Rickard hit the go ahead double in extras.

Just now, Sessh said:

The first thing an offensive player has to do for me to think they may have value to a major league club is to enter their first major slump and then bounce back out of it with another hot streak. Santander has done it. Nunez is doing it. Sisco is coming into his own offensively too. Severino has done it. If Alberto keeps showing he can maintain an average in the .300-.320 range, he may be around for awhile even without much power. There's several guys on the offensive side that may be here in a few years.

And then there are Broxton and Martin,