sportsfan8703

2019 Trade Deadline

W

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Anyone here preparing for disappointment?  Or are you all thinking we're gonna get a haul for Bundy and Cashner?

With this team? How much more disappointment could there be?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I just don't understand who'd give up good prospects for what we have.

Agreed. My expectations are low.  I just want to get something for Cashner and Villar (who I think will be non tendered) before they leave.  Cashner might be able to get something decent just because starting pitching always seems to be valued at the deadline but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was international signing money or a guy who used to be a top prospect.

Mancini won't be traded IMO, Villar has negligible value, and I bet Elias waits to trade Bundy until the offseason if his adjustments lead to a strong second half.  Honestly still think Givens has the most trade value based on two more years of control and talent.    

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

After seeing MLBTR lay out the SP market, I think we might get something small back for Cashner. Nothing earth shattering, but I’d think a team looking for a #4-5 SP(Boston) could make a deal for him now and then evaluate if that is enough or if they want to go after someone else. 

I’d take some former international signings that are still in the DR. 

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Agreed. My expectations are low.  I just want to get something for Cashner and Villar (who I think will be non tendered) before they leave.  Cashner might be able to get something decent just because starting pitching always seems to be valued at the deadline but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was international signing money or a guy who used to be a top prospect.

Mancini won't be traded IMO, Villar has negligible value, and I bet Elias waits to trade Bundy until the offseason if his adjustments lead to a strong second half.  Honestly still think Givens has the most trade value based on two more years of control and talent.    

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

After seeing MLBTR lay out the SP market, I think we might get something small back for Cashner. Nothing earth shattering, but I’d think a team looking for a #4-5 SP(Boston) could make a deal for him now and then evaluate if that is enough or if they want to go after someone else. 

I’d take some former international signings that are still in the DR. 

I think we're going to get player back in line with what we got last year.  Organizational filler.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think we're going to get player back in line with what we got last year.  Organizational filler.

I’ll take back and Encarnacion/Carmona type. An a ball flier. Boston has a bunch of those in their top 30. 

I’d view it as our way of participating in the 2016-2018 international market. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ll take back and Encarnacion/Carmona type. An a ball flier. Boston has a bunch of those in their top 30. 

I wouldn't hate that entirely.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'll take organizational fillers like Kremer and Diaz.

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We are going to get more back from Cashner than that.  I don't know why everyone is undervaluing him.   

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

We are going to get more back from Cashner than that.  I don't know why everyone is undervaluing him.   

Not undervaluing. He’s got those innings bonus incentives that are kicking in. Not the option for all of next year. Individual ones for this year, on top of his remaining salary. So he might be owed like $6 million down the stretch instead of 4 million. 

Thats pricey for a #4/5 SP that you wouldn’t want to start a playoff game. 

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Not undervaluing. He’s got those innings bonus incentives that are kicking in. Not the option for all of next year. Individual ones for this year, on top of his remaining salary. So he might be owed like $6 million down the stretch instead of 4 million

Thats pricey for a #4/5 SP that you wouldn’t want to start a playoff game. 

He is pitching better than a 4th starter this year.  

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When you have no expectations you have no disappointments. I can live with or without Mancini Cashner or Villar. Nothing matters before 2022 except MiL development.

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

He is pitching better than a 4th starter this year.  

Not on a contender. 

I’m hoping someone values the extra starts between now and 7/31 and the ASB provides some time for a trade to get worked out with him. 

So I'm posting this here..... Fansided Cubs writer 

3 Deals he thinks is fair for both teams 

Mancini for I Happ and SS Prospect Zach Short

Hanser Alberto for Addison Russell

Givens for Roederer and Ademan 

https://dawindycity.com/2019/07/07/chicago-cubs-trade-rumors-orioles/4/

As I mentioned in the Mancini thread .....I don't think we should be interested in Happ or Russell as they already have runnIng clocks. Why give up Alberto for Happ as a rebuilding team.

The Givens trade actually makes some sense and offers the Orioles players that actually will be good for the future.

46 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I'll take organizational fillers like Kremer and Diaz.

So you think we'd get guys like that?  Diaz hasn't impressed, IMO.  Kremer is the one piece that looks like he could be a guy for us.