OFFNY

The Rubber Match (vs. RED SOX, 7/21)

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Salt and smoked paprika are the other two flavors that are most prevalent.  Some garlic, chillies and cumin as well.

Guessing it will pair well with pork.

Good on chicken probably. Or anything, cardboard, a sandal.

Blank.

That's probably best. Question is doe he get a statue? Retired number? all that.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

That's probably best. Question is doe he get a statue? Retired number? all that.

Like they can afford a statue.

Maybe a laminated cardboard cutout.

39 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

NUMBER 20

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

o

o

NUMBER 21

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

o

My luck. I get moved to day shift. First week the O's have 2 days off. Second week is a west coast trip!

SMH

Just tuned in. It looks like Trey is coming out of his slump and Smith isn't. And today's Cashner seems to be the one that drove us (me, anyway) crazy: effective, even dominant, except for the three or four times (over his four or five inning stint) that he grooves one.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Just tuned in. It looks like Trey is coming out of his slump and Smith isn't. And today's Cashner seems to be the one that drove us (me, anyway) crazy: effective, even dominant, except for the three or four times (over his four or five inning stint) that he grooves one.

I don't think the word slump applies to Smith.

Wojo putting on a pitching clinic right now, Fastball outside, change low and in, Slider away, Fastball up and in. That's called changing speeds, changing eye levels, and is impressive. He's commanding everything today.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think the word slump applies to Smith.

I was trying to be polite. I would hope that his time is almost up, to be replaced by Stewart or Hays.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I know about the AAA phase, it's the protected players I don't know about.
    • Looks like there's more activity in the AAA phase than the MLB phase: Major League phase Round 1 1. Orioles: SS Richie Martin (A's No. 12 prospect) 2. Royals: RHP Sam McWilliams (Rays) 3. White Sox: RHP Jordan Romano (Blue Jays No. 28) -- traded to Rangers 4. Marlins: RHP Riley Ferrell (Astros No. 17) 5. Tigers: RHP Reed Garrett (Rangers) 6. Reds:  1B/3B Connor Joe (Dodgers) 7. Rangers: RHP Chris Ellis (Cardinals) -- traded to Royals 8. Giants: LHP Travis Bergen (Blue Jays) 9. Blue Jays: RHP Elvis Luciano (Royals No. 23) 10. Mets: RHP Kyle Dowdy (Indians) 11. Phillies: 2B/SS Drew Jackson (Dodgers No. 19) -- traded to Orioles 12. D-backs: RHP Nick Green (Yankees) 13. Mariners: RHP Brandon Brennan (Rockies) Round 2 14. Giants: OF Drew Ferguson (Astros) Triple-A phase Round 1 1. Orioles: RHP Taylor Grover (Reds) 2. Royals: C Chris Rabago (Yankees) 3. White Sox: 1B Jordan George (Pirates)  4. Tigers: CF Tyler Hill (Red Sox) 5. Padres:  RHP Cristofer Melendez (White Sox) -- traded to Pirates 6. Rangers: RHP Jeffeson Medina (Orioles) 7. Giants: 3B Peter Maris (Rays) 8. Blue Jays: RHP David Garner (Cubs)  9. Mets: LF Braxton Lee (Marlins No. 29) 10. Twins:  RHP Dusten Knight (Giants)  11. Phillies: RHP Gilmael Troya  (Yankees) 12. Angels: RHP Matt Esparza (Indians) 13. D-backs: OF Jeffrey Baez (Giants) 14. Nationals: CF Chuck Taylor (Mariners)  15. Pirates: OF Randolph Gassaway (Orioles) 16. Cardinals:  RHP John Fasola (Rangers)  17. Braves: RHP Jason Creasy (D-backs) 18. Rays: RHP Ryan Thompson (Astros) 19. Indians: LHP Yapson Gomez (Cubs)   20. Cubs: LHP Luis Lugo (Royals) 21. Brewers: SS Julio Garcia (Angels)  22. A's: 2B Corban Joseph (Orioles) 23. Yankees: RHP Adonis De La Cruz (Mariners)  24. Astros: C Alejandro Flores (Nationals) 25. Red Sox: RHP Anyelo Gómez (Yankees) Round 2 26. Giants: LHP Sam Moll (Blue Jays) 27. Mets: RHP Chris Mazza (Mariners) 28. Pirates: RHP Winston Nicacio (Cardinals)  29. Cardinals: SS Alberto Triunfel (Angels) 30. Braves:  RHP Rafael De Paula (Reds)  31. Rays: RHP Ian Gardeck (Giants) 32. Indians: 1B Wilson Garcia (Orioles) 33. Cubs: C Rafelin Lorenzo (Pirates)  34. Brewers: C Alexander Alvarez (Rays) 35. A's: CF Mark Payton (Yankees)  36. Red Sox: RHP Andrew Schwaab (Tigers) Round 3 37. Mets: C Mitch Ghelfi (Angels) 38. Braves: SS Riley Unroe (Angels) 39. Rays: RHP Cristofer Ogando (D-backs)  40. Cubs: RHP Alexander Vargas (Yankees) 41. A's: 1B Anthony Miller (Indians) Round 4 42. Rays: RHP Hector Figueroa (Indians)  https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-rule-5-draft-results-c301780782
    • Twins want an upgrade at 1B over Cron.  Could always have them include Javier in a Mancini trade package.  If he isn’t drafted by another team.  And, if we don’t take him, I doubt anyone else will.
    • I’m hoping that in 5 years I’ll look back and say 2017-18 were worth it because that collapse forced us to totally remake the organization into the winner we are today.   But right now I’m in the “hope” phase.   
    • Interesting. They don't usually reveal that information about who is protected. I guess that's why I've never heard of it.
    • I know the minor league phase has changed a little, but in the past teams could protect something like 38 players (in addition to the 40 man roster) from both the AAA and AA phases. I'd imagine it's still similar 
    • Aren’t there already enough horror movies released these days? That season was a complete kick to the crotch and I wanted to fast forward to the end by mid August.
  • Popular Contributors