OFFNY

The Rubber Match (vs. RED SOX, 7/21)

Was hoping Bradley wd K again after the two 3-run homers yesterday.

o

Colorado leads New York by a score of 7-1 in the 4th inning ........ you know, for all you Rockies fans here on the OH.

o

45 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

There goes the perfect game.

o

13 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Something else is still intact, though.

o

o

o

6 minutes ago, weams said:

Five.

Asher Wojiechowski has gone six innings once in his major league career: on June 5, 2017 with the Reds. Hyde may soon be faced with another fateful David Hess decision....

47 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just got this on Clearance today.  Just tried some dry out the jar, think I made a good choice.

s-l640.jpg

Turmeric is good for you.

Maybe that was missed hit and run, but Rio Ruiz should never be trying to steal bases. Slow jump, slow foot speed, slow burst, and looked into catcher way too long.

73 pitches through five innings. I don't think he completes four more innings in 27-30 pitches and I don't think he'll be allowed to go 130+ if he even can. Still, no-hitting a team like Boston for this many innings is an accomplishment in an of itself.

Just now, scOtt said:

If he's straight stealing, he needs to put his head down and run.

o

Or don't even think about stealing, when you have a 4-run lead and the opposing pitcher on the ropes.

o

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe that was missed hit and run, but Rio Ruiz should never be trying to steal bases. Slow jump, slow foot speed, slow burst, and looked into catcher way too long.

Would make more sense.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, the element of surprise only buys you the first quarter of a step or so!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I'm not particularly vouching for COC's entire list as it would differ from mine. I was just saying that Tate is the most important to keep from his list and Wilkerson is DFA fodder IMO.  Davis is Davis, he's completely useless as a MLB player at this point but he will probably hang around because of the obvious reason.  Wynns, yes Elias wants catching depth, but Wynns is utterly replaceable from a baseball talent standpoint. He's pretty equivalent to the standard waiver wire catcher.
    • Two things that have been talked about needing attention in the minors are distances between venues within a league (i.e. travel burden on players) and pay.  As someone already mentioned, fewer clubs = fewer players, possibly making it more feasible to consider pay increases for those remaining. This makes sense to me, and their current pay situation really does need to be addressed.  As for distances, many of those on the list of 42 are clearly being eliminated because of their distance from other clubs. As someone else already mentioned, remaining venues will probably be reassigned, not only to a different MLB affiliation but also perhaps a different level and thereby a different league. With some doing, a better geographic alignment within leagues might ultimately be possible. Shortening the grueling bus-ride distances may take away a traditional rite of passage, but could really assist in the health of the players that teams are investing so much in.  About Frederick? Perhaps their ability to draw decent attendance means they're good candidates for success as an independent league venue. Otherwise, no idea. Would really like to know the thinking behind eliminating them. My hope is that since the plan was initiated by Luhnow and quickly adopted by Stearns and Elias (see below), its focus really was on improving the development process, not just another plan to cut ownership costs -- naive as that might seem.  More info: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/rob-manfreds-plan-to-destroy-minor-league-baseball/ar-BBWRVGV   
    • How was Blier injured last season? He found magic, had core surgery, has not shown magic to me since. I say he is expensive for what he is. 
    • Here is the guys on the veterans ballot: I would like to see Tommy John and Lou Whitaker to get in.  To make this Oriole related: Does Dwight Evans go in as an Oriole if he makes it 😀   1 y Lou Whitaker 93 2 y Dwight Evans 70 3 y Tommy John 112 4 y Dale Murphy 116 5 y Ted Simmons 125 6 y Thurman Munson 90 7 y Don Mattingly 134 8 y Dave Parker 125 9 y Steve Garvey 131    
    • In my view: Hess?  Is being converted to the pen.   He has a 3.00 ERA, 225 avg and a 1.08 WHIP in 24 IP at Norfolk.   He could be DFA'd if Elias finds someone better.  Has option. Smith?  I think he could go in the next day or so but at any rate I don't think he makes it through the off season without being DFA'd. Has option Wynns sounds like Elias wants to keep him for now.  If Elias finds someone better as you suggest he could go.  Has option. Mullins probably tries to re-establish himself at AAA.   Depends on how he does has to how long he stays.  Could be a 4th OFer with the ability to back on CF/LF. Has option. O's need good relievers.   Bleier has been good when healthy.   He was injured early last season but did better toward the end of the season.  I think he stays for now.  Doesn't have much trade value right now.  Has option. Kline has a good arm, is cheap and I think he may start the year at AAA unless he does great in ST.   I don't think they give up in his arm yet. Has option Phillips is on the bubble.  Has done what he need to do at AAA but hasn't had success with the O's.   Whether he stay depend on who either Elias brings on.  Has option. Yes, Davis will not be cut.  Elias as expressed support for him in view of his contract. I believe there is a low chance that the O's make a trade prior to setting the roster for the Rule 5 draft.    
    • You have to have played in 10 different seasons and make it past the screening committee.  
    • Google ten-cent beer night… That was quite a game.
  • Popular Contributors