Legend_Of_Joey

Sara Perlman leaving

14 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

NFL and College Football season doesn't start for another month. Would it be that difficult to wait one more month before leaving? 

She's need to get herself in game shape (i.e., work on her tan) ;)

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. 

31 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

NFL and College Football season doesn't start for another month. Would it be that difficult to wait one more month before leaving? 

I'm sure there is a ramp-up/planning period with the production teams.  It's not like she would just show up on a game sideline for her first day. 

Assuming it is NCAA/NFL, of course.

8 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I'm sure there is a ramp-up/planning period with the production teams.  It's not like she would just show up on a game sideline for her first day. 

Assuming it is NCAA/NFL, of course.

Also there is training camp and preseason coverage as well. It’s not just show up in September and start her new gig. 

So apparently she's going to go work for a sports betting site? Wow, I hope they're paying her well because that doesn't seem like the best career move. Sorry about the formatting. I haven't quite mastered how to properly insert a tweet. 

uBK0eevc_bigger.jpg
I am SOOO happy to announce I will be joining The Daily Line! Hope you join us for the TV debut August 5

☺️

🤑
Quote Tweet

cCBEXthK_normal.jpg
NBC Sports PR

@NBCSportsPR
· 17m
NBC Sports Regional Networks to present live simulcast of @NBCSportsRadio's The Daily Line, beginning August 5. Details here: (link: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2019/08/01/nbc-sports-regional-networks-to-present-live-tv-simulcast-of-nbc-sports-radios-the-daily-line-beginning-aug-5/) nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2019/08/01/nbc…

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So apparently she's going to go work for a sports betting site? Wow, I hope they're paying her well because that doesn't seem like the best career move. Sorry about the formatting. I haven't quite mastered how to properly insert a tweet. 

It's NBC. Seems like a good career move. She'll be an employee of one of the biggest television networks in the country that broadcasts some of the biggest sports events. Lots of opportunity for her to move up to better positions within the organization.

10 minutes ago, theocean said:

It's NBC. Seems like a good career move. She'll be an employee of one of the biggest television networks in the country that broadcasts some of the biggest sports events. Lots of opportunity for her to move up to better positions within the organization.

It's the sports betting arm of NBC. I imagine once you're in that world it's probably hard to transition back into "real" sports. That's all I meant. 

The line between "real" sports and gambling sites isn't much of a line at all anymore. And t's estimated that more than $150 billion is wagered on sports every year . If NBC is starting a network for gambling, you can bet there's money in it -- and that it's not a bad career move financially. 

One can debate whether it's a good moral move... 

Edited by Santandah

Is it a step up from being a regional sideline reporter?  Yeah, probably.  But that doesn't mean it's gonna be a great move.  

I wish her the best but I can't say the topic of her show interests me at all.  And it's not even a matter that sports betting is illegal in some states and legal in others, I'm just not interested regardless.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:59 PM, Roy Firestone said:

Is Amber available.? I thought she was excellent and misused terribly at NFL Network....

She was the lead host for their primetime shows and premium events like the draft?  I dont see how that's misused.

• Upvote 1