Frobby

AJ Reunion Tonight

1 hour ago, weams said:

I think many here have that subscription. As well as the one to Orioles Hangout. 

“Many?”    I know Tony S. has one, and a few others.   I don’t have the impression that a lot of posters do.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

“Many?”    I know Tony S. has one, and a few others.   I don’t have the impression that a lot of posters do.

My wife does. So it's many in my household. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's all I can do to pay my car insurance and phone bill in the same paycheck without the bank charging me $38freaking50 for being overdrawn!

But I'm not bitter...

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They often have 50% off deals.  Recently, they offered a better deal than that.

selected excerpts from Dan Connolly, the actual article is much longer.

Incredibly, though, when it comes to regular-season games played with Jones, it’s a dead heat between Davis and Markakis, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

Both played exactly 960 games each with Jones, far more than the next-closest big-leaguer (J.J. Hardy at 839). Add in the postseason, and Davis and Markakis are still tied at 967.

“You see each other from 2 to 11 every single day (at the ballpark), but to see him at 8:30 in the morning dropping off his daughter (at school) while I’m dropping off my kids, that’s when you see a different side of people,” Jones said. “Baseball encapsulates so much of our lives that folks only think that this is just all we are: baseball players. This is just a very, very small part of it. I think that he really has understood that, especially over the last couple of years, just having his own kids. You realize that.”

When it was apparent that Jones was not signing back with the Orioles and would be playing elsewhere in 2019, Davis knew he wasn’t just losing a buddy and teammate. His daughter, about to attend kindergarten this fall, was losing a playmate — a legitimate parenting issue caused by the transient nature of pro sports.

“That was tough when they kind of realized that they weren’t gonna be back here and we had to try to figure out how to tell your kid that. They don’t understand,” Davis said. “It’s crazy. Now we’re halfway through the season and Adam hasn’t been here. It almost feels normal now. Well, maybe to everybody else. But to me, there’s obviously still a vacancy there.”

Critics look at the signing of Davis as the flashpoint when the Orioles’ window of competitiveness closed — that agreeing to that deal put the club in a financial spot in which it couldn’t afford some of its other stars who were approaching free agency, such as Machado, Zack Britton, Jonathan Schoop and Jones.

“I don’t necessarily think it affected my future one bit. I think it affected Manny’s. And maybe Britton’s. And maybe Schoop’s,” Jones said. “(Machado) already knew, and I think baseball knew, that his market was out of the range of what the franchise was trying to spend. We knew once that (Davis signing) happened, yeah, Manny is gonna play his days through. And that’s what he did, and I’m happy as hell for him.”

But none of that can be pinned on Davis, Jones said. He’s tried to live up to those expectations and at times has been drowning in them.

“People don’t realize how much he really had on his plate every day. Not only being the face of this franchise but being the face of this city. Being the face of, really, a movement that none of us can understand unless you’re having to endure some of the things that he did,” Davis said. “People don’t realize how much he had to shoulder day in and day out. And he did a really good job of it.”

“I can remember coming into the clubhouse and just noticing that he was maybe not completely here, maybe something was going on, but he didn’t show it nearly as often (as he could have),” Davis said. “And I’ve always told him that I didn’t know how he did it. I didn’t understand how he did it. It was incredible to watch.”

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

They often have 50% off deals.  Recently, they offered a better deal than that.

selected excerpts from Dan Connolly, the actual article is much longer.

Thanks for posting that.  

1 hour ago, weams said:

My wife does. So it's many in my household. 

Fancy hotels on Baltimore Street and multiple subscriptions to the same website.  Not everyone is Mr Money Bags like you Weams. 

9 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Or you could pay for it, if you’re interested...

Or don't post it if you can't be bothered to provide any details. I posted a link to a Baltimore Sun article a week ago but also provided details to what it contained.  

Just now, atomic said:

Or don't post it if you can't be bothered to provide any details. I posted a link to a Baltimore Sun article a week ago but also provided details to what it contained.  

Cut the crap. Links to outside stories are always welcome here. Nobody is required to post a synopsis for your benefit.

• Thanks 2