Sign in to follow this  
billw76

AL East top 10 prospect rankings

10 minutes ago, gold21030 said:

Yikes, Austin Hays isn't in this Top 10, but Baumann and Jean Carmona are? Really questionable list.

Bloom is off that. 

30 minutes ago, billw76 said:

Baumann and Carmona definitely shouldn't be there

Carmona shouldn’t, but Baumann should.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure Carmona belongs in the top 30.

Certainly not the top 20 at this point. 

An argument could be made for all of the other players included, although most of us probably don't have Adam Hall in our top ten. 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing by the order of the teams they have the O's ranked last in the AL East?

Yes, but he also had this to say about the O's fame system:

One Sentence Summary: One of the more underrated systems in baseball, the Orioles have done a terrific job of building for the long term in a short period of time.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

One Sentence Summary: One of the more underrated systems in baseball, the Orioles have done a terrific job of building for the long term in a short period of time.

fame = farm 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Underrated by whom, prospectslive.com?  How do you score them lower than the Red Sox?  The O's have five BA top 100 guys.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Underrated by whom, prospectslive.com?  How do you score them lower than the Red Sox?  The O's have five BA top 100 guys.

I'm just relaying what was said by prospectslive.com, I don't know how credible they are at rating MLB prospects. 🤷‍♂️

I don't take these rankings too seriously most of the time especially the lesser known media outfits. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm just relaying what was said by prospectslive.com, I don't know how credible they are at rating MLB prospects. 🤷‍♂️

I don't take these rankings too seriously most of the time especially the lesser known media outfits. 

I'm not taking it seriously either just stuck me as noteworthy that they are apparently ranking the O's last in the AL East.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not taking it seriously either just stuck me as noteworthy that they are apparently ranking the O's last in the AL East.

I agree with you that the Orioles at least outrank the Red Sox farm system in the AL East. Would also want to know why they left Austin Hays outside the Oriole's top 10 list. 

Without actually looking it up, it appears from the names that 8 of the Yankees’ top 10 may be international signings.