Jump to content
Frobby

What if Mancini/Santander/Núñez are actually this good?

Recommended Posts

Mancini .280/.339/.534

Santander .304/.344/.509

Nunez .256/.326/.521

That is really a pretty nice 2/3/4.    Mancini and Núñez have been doing it pretty much all year.    Santander has kind of come out of nowhere, though he looked like he had the potential for this if things went right when we chose him in the Rule 5 draft.    

If this turned out to be about the norm for those three, that would be a decent offensive core to build around.   Santander has shown himself to be a decent defender, too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would make this first season of the rebuild a huge success because it would mean we found a third baseman and a right fielder for the next good team. Assuming Nunez keeps looking serviceable at third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That along with continued pitching success at Bowie could make 2021 reasonably entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Mancini .280/.339/.534

Santander .304/.344/.509

Nunez .256/.326/.521

That is really a pretty nice 2/3/4.    Mancini and Núñez have been doing it pretty much all year.    Santander has kind of come out of nowhere, though he looked like he had the potential for this if things went right when we chose him in the Rule 5 draft.    

If this turned out to be about the norm for those three, that would be a decent offensive core to build around.   Santander has shown himself to be a decent defender, too.

FWIW Markakis said it takes 1500 ABs to figure out who you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

FWIW Markakis said it takes 1500 ABs to figure out who you are.

I don’t think it was Markakis who came up with that.   I probably heard that 30-40 years ago.   And Nick would have been better off staying who he was before he reached 1500 at bats.   

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also make a case for Severino.

.279/.345/.477/.823

Though I guess drafting Rutschman kinda takes him out of the equation. I wonder what kind of trade value Severino will have this winter if he finishes strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

You could also make a case for Severino.

.279/.345/.477/.823

Though I guess drafting Rutschman kinda takes him out of the equation. I wonder what kind of trade value Severino will have this winter if he finishes strong.

But-- we still need two good catchers. Sisco is more of the question mark, or a third option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think it was Markakis who came up with that.   I probably heard that 30-40 years ago.   And Nick would have been better off staying who he was before he reached 1500 at bats.   

I thought it was Terry Crowley who said it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, now said:

But-- we still need two good catchers. Sisco is more of the question mark, or a third option.

Severino is 25 and has .5 rWAR for his career

Sisco is 24 years old and has .6 rWAR for his career

I don't see where one is more of a question mark over the other.  Severino has played more but both are under 500 at bats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, now said:

But-- we still need two good catchers. Sisco is more of the question mark, or a third option.

But the backup is usually more of a defensive type. Neither Severino or Cisco is really known for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

But the backup is usually more of a defensive type. Neither Severino or Cisco is really known for that.

That's usually because the ones that can hit aren't backups.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

But the backup is usually more of a defensive type. Neither Severino or Cisco is really known for that.

Wasn't Severino considered a very good defensive catcher, before his bat came around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wasn't Severino considered a very good defensive catcher, before his bat came around?

Are very good defensive catchers making the minimum DFA'd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...