Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. PADRES, 7/30

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

The Padres look like they have exciting times on the horizon. How long has it been since they were a playoff team?

2006.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s pretty amazing in this day and age to hear something like that on a local broadcast. With him and Palmer you don’t know what is going to come out of their mouths. 

I really like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two bungled defensive plays this inning. In and out of Mancini's glove and Martin can't get one out on that play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s pretty amazing in this day and age to hear something like that on a local broadcast. With him and Palmer you don’t know what is going to come out of their mouths. 

IIRC, that's the stuff that would have gotten Jon Miller fired.

Gary was saying what anyone who has been paying any kind of attention has been thinking.  However, as bad as it is for us to have to watch it, we can turn it off or not pay attention to it.  Gary's gotta be around it all day and talk about it.  And probably pretend to sound upbeat about it.  Which is not hard for the company man, Hunter...but I don't detect any BS in Gary.  

And I think it's grating on him.  Probably because, as he insinuated, Davis is a good guy.  And it sucks to have to watch this on a professional and personal level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sessh said:

Two bungled defensive plays this inning. In and out of Mancini's glove and Martin can't get one out on that play.

Mancini did not break his wrist. So there is that.  I actually thought Nunez could have saved that later one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weams said:

Mancini did not break his wrist. So there is that.  I actually thought Nunez could have saved that later one. 

There's always that. Looked like the ball was completely in the glove and came out from hitting the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

IIRC, that's the stuff that would have gotten Jon Miller fired.

Gary was saying what anyone who has been paying any kind of attention has been thinking.  However, as bad as it is for us to have to watch it, we can turn it off or not pay attention to it.  Gary's gotta be around it all day and talk about it.  And probably pretend to sound upbeat about it.  Which is not hard for the company man, Hunter...but I don't detect any BS in Gary.  

And I think it's grating on him.  Probably because, as he insinuated, Davis is a good guy.  And it sucks to have to watch this on a professional and personal level.

@justD asked if Gary had had a personal loss with the way he sounds today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

IIRC, that's the stuff that would have gotten Jon Miller fired.

Gary was saying what anyone who has been paying any kind of attention has been thinking.  However, as bad as it is for us to have to watch it, we can turn it off or not pay attention to it.  Gary's gotta be around it all day and talk about it.  And probably pretend to sound upbeat about it.  Which is not hard for the company man, Hunter...but I don't detect any BS in Gary.  

And I think it's grating on him.  Probably because, as he insinuated, Davis is a good guy.  And it sucks to have to watch this on a professional and personal level.

Not sure of Joe Angel's age, but I'm sure the way things were going were a factor in his retirement.  He was not built like Hunter to spout BS. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, weams said:

@justD asked if Gary had had a personal loss with the way he sounds today. 

Yeah. Why I was wondering how he was last night.  

Sounds sick.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

Bases loaded for Davis.   Just following GameDay because I'm at work, but I'm on the edge of my seat.

He took a "Ball in dirt".   Great job Chris!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...