Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. PADRES, 7/30

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

The Padres look like they have exciting times on the horizon. How long has it been since they were a playoff team?

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s pretty amazing in this day and age to hear something like that on a local broadcast. With him and Palmer you don’t know what is going to come out of their mouths. 

I really like it. 

Two bungled defensive plays this inning. In and out of Mancini's glove and Martin can't get one out on that play.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s pretty amazing in this day and age to hear something like that on a local broadcast. With him and Palmer you don’t know what is going to come out of their mouths. 

IIRC, that's the stuff that would have gotten Jon Miller fired.

Gary was saying what anyone who has been paying any kind of attention has been thinking.  However, as bad as it is for us to have to watch it, we can turn it off or not pay attention to it.  Gary's gotta be around it all day and talk about it.  And probably pretend to sound upbeat about it.  Which is not hard for the company man, Hunter...but I don't detect any BS in Gary.  

And I think it's grating on him.  Probably because, as he insinuated, Davis is a good guy.  And it sucks to have to watch this on a professional and personal level.

Just now, Sessh said:

Two bungled defensive plays this inning. In and out of Mancini's glove and Martin can't get one out on that play.

Mancini did not break his wrist. So there is that.  I actually thought Nunez could have saved that later one. 

Just now, weams said:

Mancini did not break his wrist. So there is that.  I actually thought Nunez could have saved that later one. 

There's always that. Looked like the ball was completely in the glove and came out from hitting the ground.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gary was saying what anyone who has been paying any kind of attention has been thinking.  However, as bad as it is for us to have to watch it, we can turn it off or not pay attention to it.  Gary's gotta be around it all day and talk about it.  And probably pretend to sound upbeat about it.  Which is not hard for the company man, Hunter...but I don't detect any BS in Gary.  

And I think it's grating on him.  Probably because, as he insinuated, Davis is a good guy.  And it sucks to have to watch this on a professional and personal level.

@justD asked if Gary had had a personal loss with the way he sounds today. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not sure of Joe Angel's age, but I'm sure the way things were going were a factor in his retirement.  He was not built like Hunter to spout BS. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, weams said:

@justD asked if Gary had had a personal loss with the way he sounds today. 

Yeah. Why I was wondering how he was last night.  

Sounds sick.   

Just now, SteveA said:

Bases loaded for Davis.   Just following GameDay because I'm at work, but I'm on the edge of my seat.

He took a "Ball in dirt".   Great job Chris!