Jump to content
AceKing

I really want to keep Villar (Update: Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas)

Recommended Posts

Just now, 7Mo said:

It would be incompetent of Mancini to criticize a teammate with public comments.

He wouldn't criticize him....He just wouldn't say the things that he said in that interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Wow, this is interesting.

If the reporters have it THIS wrong, I'd think some front office person would make a confidential call to say "you might want to fix your reporting....."

So I just was told by another source that he is on waivers, a team source (not Orioles). 

So either the reporting about still trying to trade him is wrong or the publicly available waiver rules are wrong, because they clearly say outright waivers are unrevocable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

A teammate saying something nice about a teammate isn't evidence of much of anything.  A union member saying something nice about another union member isn't evidence of much of anything.

It just isn't.

I have not been saying anything bad about Villar.  Go back and check.  I've been saying that other teams don't covet him.  That looks to be the case. 

NOTED ... As I said Im done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

So I just was told by another source that he is on waivers, a team source (not Orioles). 

So either the reporting about still trying to trade him is wrong or the publicly available waiver rules are wrong, because they clearly say outright waivers are unrevocable.

Very confusing. Thanks for looking into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weams said:

Wrong time of year for that. 

MASN reporting is so crappy! you cant even read a report from the teams reporter and get an accurate report! MASN is really a joke.

 

So after 3 or 4 days there wasnt even a strategy in doing this? Why wouldn't they just continue to try to trade him until Monday night? It makes no sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

So I just was told by another source that he is on waivers, a team source (not Orioles). 

So either the reporting about still trying to trade him is wrong or the publicly available waiver rules are wrong, because they clearly say outright waivers are unrevocable.

Saw your tweet. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Help me to understand here. I'm trying to learn.

If "on waivers" means he's no longer on the 40 man and cannot be traded............

What is the benefit of putting him on waivers? Why not just wait for the tender deadline, hoping some deal pops up?

Exactly .... If there was no benefit then they wouldn't have done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if the O's have a trade set up for Bundy, but they have to take on a bad contract in order to get the prospects they want back.  The only way to clear payroll space was to release Villar.  Perhaps Elias believes the prospects he gets back in this trade are greater than the ones he would get back for Villar and Bundy  in separate trades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Exactly .... If there was no benefit then they wouldn't have done it.

Well, according to you, they are incompetent, Elias is a buffoon, they're "bigger idiots than you thought", Elias doesn't know how to make a trade, Elias blew it by talking to a reporter, Elias asked for too much in July, Elias should have known his arb figure and somehow known he'd have a big second half, and who knows what other mistakes have been made. So....it's probably that instead of

Elias has been talking to GM's almost non-stop since July and there isn't interest in him anywhere near the arb figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

What if the O's have a trade set up for Bundy, but they have to take on a bad contract in order to get the prospects they want back.  The only way to clear payroll space was to release Villar.  Perhaps Elias believes the prospects he gets back in this trade are greater than the ones he would get back for Villar and Bundy  in separate trades?

If they were unwilling to give Villar a raise solely over money I seriously doubt they are taking on a bad contract. Also there are plenty of AAAA pitchers from last year on the 40. It wouldn't be that difficult to clear one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Well, according to you, they are incompetent, Elias is a buffoon, they're "bigger idiots than you thought", Elias doesn't know how to make a trade, Elias blew it by talking to a reporter, Elias asked for too much in July, Elias should have known his arb figure and somehow known he'd have a big second half, and who knows what other mistakes have been made. So....it's probably that instead of

Elias has been talking to GM's almost non-stop since July and there isn't interest in him anywhere near the arb figure.

This is really getting absurd 7MO .... I mean really ...Why even have a discussion

Villar sucks ...he shouldn't even be playing in the majors. The stats lie! He's a worse teammate than Antonio Brown!

 

Ok ...your right ...you always are .... Im done

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roll Tide said:

This is really getting absurd 7MO .... I mean really ...Why even have a discussion

Villar sucks ...he shouldn't even be playing in the majors. The stats lie! He's a worse teammate than Antonio Brown!

 

Ok ...your right ...you always are .... Im done

 

And you seriously overreact yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 7Mo said:

And you seriously overreact yet again.

I'm not overreacting ..... You've mocked me 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours including the post. Nothing that I say can't possibly have any merit. Two mods stepped in about the front office name calling rule. I stopped! You in a rather belligerent way just keep trying to bait me.

Including this response above

I said I'm done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm not overreacting ..... You've mocked me 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours including the post. Nothing that I say can't possibly have any merit. Two mods stepped in about the front office name calling rule. I stopped! You in a rather belligerent way just keep trying to bait me.

Including this response above

I said I'm done!

You've said "I'm done" to two different members just in last 30 minutes alone. I would say that's most definitely overreacting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You've said "I'm done" to two different members just in last 30 minutes alone. I would say that's most definitely overreacting. 

Remember what Tim Collins said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







  • Posts

    • That's.... that's exactly what I'm saying. How are you not hearing yourself? He lost the job because he couldn't hit - like AT ALL - and the mounting pressure from all that not hitting was getting to be a strain on him and the organization. So they sent him down to work on that. Meanwhile, Elias doesn't want to - like you said yourself - go to McKenna or Hays. So they just throw whoever out there. If they weren't worried about Mullins' development they would have just kept him, but you can't keep a guy in the bigs with a broken swing. Wilkerson isn't any better defensively out there, that's obvious to see. But he could hit at least a LITTLE. And let's not forget Santander and Stewart got CF looks as well. 
    • I don't love LeBlanc, but at least it will probably prevent a Cashner reunion. 
    • Notice they haven't punished the Red Sox yet? I'm betting MLB and the Red Sox got together and canned Cora so they could try and do the slow fade on the Red Sox getting caught cheating again.
    • Certainly not by me, but I think it will probably be old news to the casual fans in a few years. The only think they could have done to make it stick was have them vacate the title, as impractical as that may have been. 
    • Fans were not super keen on Christian Walker, but he's a starter in Arizona now. I think Cedric Mullins has shown enough potential (a year removed from .289/.346/.472 in AAA and 21 SB at 23yo) to get the benefit of the doubt that he had a down year instead of being branded as hopeless. 
    • I think it was worse because he lost it to Wilkerson.  They decided that a utility infielder was a better choice for CF than Mullins.  They decision to not promote McKenna or Hays had more to do with their development than it did what was happening at the ML level. I'm not convinced they sent Mullins down to facilitate his development.  I think they looked at him, looked at Wilkerson, and wanted Wilkerson in CF.  I think they have written Mullins off as a prospect.
    • If he can throw and he isn't a waiver guy, maybe a team like Pittsburgh could use him. If he can't and is, maybe we can give his slot to Mason Williams. Slow day here. 
  • Popular Contributors

  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...