AceKing

I really want to keep Villar (Update: Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas)

Just now, 7Mo said:

It would be incompetent of Mancini to criticize a teammate with public comments.

He wouldn't criticize him....He just wouldn't say the things that he said in that interview.

2 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Wow, this is interesting.

If the reporters have it THIS wrong, I'd think some front office person would make a confidential call to say "you might want to fix your reporting....."

So I just was told by another source that he is on waivers, a team source (not Orioles). 

So either the reporting about still trying to trade him is wrong or the publicly available waiver rules are wrong, because they clearly say outright waivers are unrevocable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

A teammate saying something nice about a teammate isn't evidence of much of anything.  A union member saying something nice about another union member isn't evidence of much of anything.

It just isn't.

I have not been saying anything bad about Villar.  Go back and check.  I've been saying that other teams don't covet him.  That looks to be the case. 

NOTED ... As I said Im done

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

So I just was told by another source that he is on waivers, a team source (not Orioles). 

So either the reporting about still trying to trade him is wrong or the publicly available waiver rules are wrong, because they clearly say outright waivers are unrevocable.

Very confusing. Thanks for looking into it. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Wrong time of year for that. 

MASN reporting is so crappy! you cant even read a report from the teams reporter and get an accurate report! MASN is really a joke.

So after 3 or 4 days there wasnt even a strategy in doing this? Why wouldn't they just continue to try to trade him until Monday night? It makes no sense

20 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Saw your tweet. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Help me to understand here. I'm trying to learn.

If "on waivers" means he's no longer on the 40 man and cannot be traded............

What is the benefit of putting him on waivers? Why not just wait for the tender deadline, hoping some deal pops up?

Exactly .... If there was no benefit then they wouldn't have done it.

What if the O's have a trade set up for Bundy, but they have to take on a bad contract in order to get the prospects they want back.  The only way to clear payroll space was to release Villar.  Perhaps Elias believes the prospects he gets back in this trade are greater than the ones he would get back for Villar and Bundy  in separate trades?

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Exactly .... If there was no benefit then they wouldn't have done it.

Well, according to you, they are incompetent, Elias is a buffoon, they're "bigger idiots than you thought", Elias doesn't know how to make a trade, Elias blew it by talking to a reporter, Elias asked for too much in July, Elias should have known his arb figure and somehow known he'd have a big second half, and who knows what other mistakes have been made. So....it's probably that instead of

Elias has been talking to GM's almost non-stop since July and there isn't interest in him anywhere near the arb figure.

8 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

What if the O's have a trade set up for Bundy, but they have to take on a bad contract in order to get the prospects they want back.  The only way to clear payroll space was to release Villar.  Perhaps Elias believes the prospects he gets back in this trade are greater than the ones he would get back for Villar and Bundy  in separate trades?

If they were unwilling to give Villar a raise solely over money I seriously doubt they are taking on a bad contract. Also there are plenty of AAAA pitchers from last year on the 40. It wouldn't be that difficult to clear one

7 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Well, according to you, they are incompetent, Elias is a buffoon, they're "bigger idiots than you thought", Elias doesn't know how to make a trade, Elias blew it by talking to a reporter, Elias asked for too much in July, Elias should have known his arb figure and somehow known he'd have a big second half, and who knows what other mistakes have been made. So....it's probably that instead of

Elias has been talking to GM's almost non-stop since July and there isn't interest in him anywhere near the arb figure.

This is really getting absurd 7MO .... I mean really ...Why even have a discussion

Villar sucks ...he shouldn't even be playing in the majors. The stats lie! He's a worse teammate than Antonio Brown!

Ok ...your right ...you always are .... Im done

Just now, Roll Tide said:

This is really getting absurd 7MO .... I mean really ...Why even have a discussion

Villar sucks ...he shouldn't even be playing in the majors. The stats lie! He's a worse teammate than Antonio Brown!

Ok ...your right ...you always are .... Im done

And you seriously overreact yet again.

1 minute ago, 7Mo said:

And you seriously overreact yet again.

I'm not overreacting ..... You've mocked me 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours including the post. Nothing that I say can't possibly have any merit. Two mods stepped in about the front office name calling rule. I stopped! You in a rather belligerent way just keep trying to bait me.

Including this response above

I said I'm done!

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm not overreacting ..... You've mocked me 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours including the post. Nothing that I say can't possibly have any merit. Two mods stepped in about the front office name calling rule. I stopped! You in a rather belligerent way just keep trying to bait me.

Including this response above

I said I'm done!

You've said "I'm done" to two different members just in last 30 minutes alone. I would say that's most definitely overreacting. 

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You've said "I'm done" to two different members just in last 30 minutes alone. I would say that's most definitely overreacting. 

Remember what Tim Collins said.