Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Yankee Fan Gave Me an Orioles Jersey

You sure he was wearing a Yankees hat? ☺️

Seriously though, it's stories like these that prevent me from truly hating fans of any sports team. That's just a cool human gesture.

Also, if the jersey doesn't fit I don't think shipping to Southern Maryland costs that much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Was it just an Orioles jersey, a player/coaches jersey, ect?

o

It was a black Orioles jersey with orange letters, with no name or number.

o

1 minute ago, O-The-Memories said:

You sure he was wearing a Yankees hat? ☺️

Seriously though, it's stories like these that prevent me from truly hating fans of any sports team. That's just a cool human gesture.

Also, if the jersey doesn't fit, I don't think shipping to Southern Maryland costs that much !!

o

You can have it.

Send me a private message, and I can mail it to you later this week.

o

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

MODERATORS: ) It would be much appreciated if I could borrow the Orioles Talk section for an hour or 2 before transferring this thread to the Hangout section. It's a unique story, so I wanted it to get some air time here before sending to its appropriate place (the Hangout Club.)

I was at my gym in Carmel, NY tonight when a man in a Yankee hat approached me. Clad in my usual attire (Orioles gear), he smiled and told me that he had a story for me.

He said that 25 years ago, his brother was a Bat Boy for the Yankees ........ but he was a Bat Boy for the visiting team (I didn't even know that they had more than one for each team.) Anyway, he told me that because his brother had had so much interaction with visiting teams, they often gave him goodies/souvenirs. He told me that he had an Oriole jersey that had been hanging in his closet for almost a quarter of a century, and he thought of it when he saw me coming to the gym a lot (and also when he saw all of the Orioles and Colts magnets and stickers all over my car.) He handed me the jersey, and I thanked him. ) B|

Thanks for listening, and I apologize to all in advance if borrowing the Orioles Talk section for an hour or 2 is an inconvenience.

o

Good story...you could have told him of course  that he may want to keep it...as the original Baltimore Orioles moved to New York in 1903 and were then known as the NY Highlanders until 1913 when they were renamed the Yankees.   

• Thanks 1

I'm waiting for the part of the story where you said thanks, took the jersey, yelled "MF Yankees suck!" and punched him in the nose. :)

• Haha 2