Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/03

When Vlad Jr came up and struggled a bit, I fantasized a bit about him not panning out, being a colossal bust.

Unfortunately,  I don't think that's going to happen.  And we're going to have to deal with him for a long, long time.

Just now, scOtt said:

Did he just say Zack Britton went to Houston?

Sounds like something Gary would say. Hunter and Bordick really make me miss the guy. A drunk Gary Thorne is still way better than these two. I'd increase Palmer's pay if he'd do more games. God these two are insufferable together and so bland and boring.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When Vlad Jr came up and struggled a bit, I fantasized a bit about him not panning out, being a colossal bust.

Unfortunately,  I don't think that's going to happen.  And we're going to have to deal with him for a long, long time.

He's still going to end up colossal.

Lad is an absolute unit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

We may only hit or score for that one inning tonight...

But will the pitching hold up?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's still going to end up colossal.

Lad is an absolute unit.

Indeed, but if he doesn't control his weight, he'll go the way of guys like Cecil Fielder and Mo Vaughn. It will wear him down over time. That would be a shame.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChipTait said:

But will the pitching hold up?

That's the big question! 😛

What is the consensus around here regarding the radio announcers?  I like Kevin Brown just fine, but Dave Johnson is hard to listen to.

Just now, ChipTait said:

What is the consensus around here regarding the radio announcers?  I like Kevin Brown just fine, but Dave Johnson is hard to listen to.

I like them both.  I know Dave Johnson rubs people the wrong way but I like him cause he's kind of a curmudgeon GET OFF MY LAWN type.   

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

Indeed, but if he doesn't control his weight, he'll go the way of guys like Cecil Fielder and Mo Vaughn. It will wear him down over time. That would be a shame.

They were always talking about the Dominican home cooking that Vlad Sr. brought into the O's clubhouse. Hard to resist I'll bet.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like them both.  I know Dave Johnson rubs people the wrong way but I like him cause he's kind of a curmudgeon GET OFF MY LAWN type.   

Can't stand people like that.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

He'd be a perfect, if his body hadn't failed him guy.  How is the scene in Baltimore not different than how it was under Dan and Buck?

I was thinking about that this afternoon, the scene now IS different:  because there’s a whole new regime, it is analogous to a change of scenery all by itself, but I wonder if “change of scenery” is actually something psychological that you need the physical change in addition to whatever adjustments a new coaching staff would make.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, DJ always seems to have a chip on his shoulder just under the surface because he missed the era when salaries really went crazy. Even for meh pitchers like him. And yes, "back in our day we pitched complete games! Blister? Rub some dirt on it."