Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/03

Just now, Sessh said:

Bo don't know sliding. I wonder how long it will take before people start calling him Bitchette.

In Bo's day he would have just freight trained the catcher. 😛

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

In Bo's day he would have just freight trained the catcher. 😛

No amount of padding protects you from that.

Just now, Sessh said:

No amount of padding protects you from that.

After I posted that I was thinking about it. Would NOT have been pretty!

Sanchez removed from the game after six no hit innings. He just got Hess'd! It really is bad form to pull a pitcher during a no hitter.

Laser by Wilkerson. Second and third with no outs, pitching change coming, Martin coming up. It would be more exciting if we all didn't know how high the chances are that we find a way to score no runs here. I want Martin to come through, though. Even if it's a squeeze. If there's anyone to try that with, it's him.

o

Very good Strikeouts-to-Walks ratio (7 to 1.)

75% of the outs that Bundy recorded (12 out of 16) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

16 OUTS:) 7 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:ll5.33

H:lllll5 )(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1

SO:ll7

Pitches: ll)97 )(65)Strikes, )32)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))5.15  ))  108.33 IP  (62 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.366  ))  108.33 IP  (148 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).260 ) (110 for 423)

PITCHES BY INNING

24 ll(15 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

13 ll(91 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

18 ll(13 llStrikes, lllllllBalls)

18 llll(12 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

14 llll(91 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

10 llll(71 lStrikes,llll 3  lBalls) ) *

* )) Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

o

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When Vlad Jr came up and struggled a bit, I fantasized a bit about him not panning out, being a colossal bust.

Unfortunately,  I don't think that's going to happen.  And we're going to have to deal with him for a long, long time.

Yeah, him and Bichette are going to be royal pains...I can already feel it. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Yeah, him and Bichette are going to be royal pains...I can already feel it. 

By the time the Jays rebuild we'll be rebuilt too. Bring it on!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I don’t disagree with anything you said, and I’m grateful you said it. Everyone needs a designated driver. But lemme play devil’s advocate for a moment. This is 60 games. ~12 starts instead of 30. 60 starters instead of 162, and several guys who can start a time or two and not ruin our lives. One trait of greatness is consistency. Over 60, that is less important than over 162. Our starters and our pen appear much superior to the last couple years. Not enough to matter in 162 because the long season takes a toll, And quality-or lack thereof- finds its level, but in 60 games? Sure. And remember the short season doesn’t help the best, because the best doesn’t need the benefits a short season offers. The defense is much better too, unless Nunez is playing third, anyway. so yes I agree with you, but it’s not out of the question.  
    • This was a nice read.  And that's not sarcasm.
    • No qualifying offers this season.
    • If Stroman gets a qualifying offer he would cost the O's their third pick (either the comp pick after round 2 or, if that pick is traded, their third round pick). Jake Odorizzi got a QO this off-season at the same age as Stroman with a less successful career to date. I think it is quite likely that Stroman gets one too.
    • I appreciate Wildcards's enthusiasm and optimism. This season is such a wildcard because of all the variables that really anything could happen and I wouldn't be overly surprised. Saying that, there is no reality where this is the beginning of a sustainable winning core.  There is just as much of a chance of this team losing ten straight games as they do of keep playing .500 ball the rest of this season.  As Drungo has point out, there are some guys who have started out this season way above their carer norms. Even if you believe Severino, Ruiz, Alberto and Nunez are breaking out as they enter their primes, does anyone think Cobb, Milone and Wojo are going to keep pitching to their current ERAs? Cobb maybe since it seems his splitter has come back, but I'm not buying long term sustainability on Milone and Hyde has used Wojo right but not letting him go more than twice through an order. 
    • What does that mean? What's the cost of Wildcard's optimism? Also, I don't think what I said constituted being negative.  That's an honest appraisal of the team.    Not much of what we are seeing looks sustainable.
    • Yea I don’t know that I buy they will spend what it takes but they have very little money committed long term and that is when you can take advantage of it.
  • Popular Contributors