Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/04)

Well we got out of it with lead intact.  Gotta figure we have to score a run two more to win this.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Well we got out of it with lead intact.  Gotta figure we have to score a run two more to win this.

With our bullpen, we may not need any more runs, or we might need 5 or so.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

With our bullpen, we may not need any more runs, or we might need 5 or so.

I'd figure on the 5... 😛

13 minutes ago, scOtt said:

You could hit those things a MILE with a golf club!

The house I spent most of my childhood in had a 3 acre plot of land.  90% of it was in the backyard.  And in the very back of the yard separating our yard from the neighbors is a line of trees that are very high, I'd say at least 4 stories tall.  There's a whole other neighborhood back there, behind the trees.

When I was 15 or 16, one day my parents were out and left me home to my own devices.  Bored, with nothing to do I decided to see how far I could hit a golf ball with a baseball bat.  My METAL baseball bat.  

I stepped out onto the back patio, dropped the golf ball so it bounced about waist high, unleashed a massive swing and connected perfectly.  I smashed it straight and long, if it was at OPACY it would have been headed directly towards the batters eye past CF.  That thing was STILL RISING when it cleared the trees in the back.  And as it cleared the trees I stood there and admired my handiwork I suddenly got scared as hell when I realized I had no idea where it was going to land and ran back into the house.

After thinking about what an awesome yet terribly stupid thing I'd done, I calmed down when I realized no one would have ever thought a golf ball could have come from my backyard.  No one could drive one with a golf club that far so if anyone wanted to try and figure out who hit it, they'd never guess that it was me.  

• Upvote 1

I am peeling. Got sunBURNT Thursday siting 3 1/2 hours in the sun for the Vice Prez. Can barely stand to brush my hair.

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I am peeling. Got sunBURNT Thursday siting 3 1/2 hours in the sun for the Vice Prez. Can barely stand to brush my hair.

You can brush your hair when sitting, ya know.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

The house I spent most of my childhood in had a 3 acre plot of land.  90% of it was in the backyard.  And in the very back of the yard separating our yard from the neighbors is a line of trees that are very high, I'd say at least 4 stories tall.  There's a whole other neighborhood back there, behind the trees.

When I was 15 or 16, one day my parents were out and left me home to my own devices.  Bored, with nothing to do I decided to see how far I could hit a golf ball with a baseball bat.  My METAL baseball bat.  

I stepped out onto the back patio, dropped the golf ball so it bounced about waist high, unleashed a massive swing and connected perfectly.  I smashed it straight and long, if it was at OPACY it would have been headed directly towards the batters eye past CF.  That thing was STILL RISING when it cleared the trees in the back.  And as it cleared the trees I stood there and admired my handiwork I suddenly got scared as hell when I realized I had no idea where it was going to land and ran back into the house.

After thinking about what an awesome yet terribly stupid thing I'd done, I calmed down when I realized no one would have ever thought a golf ball could have come from my backyard.  No one could drive one with a golf club that far so if anyone wanted to try and figure out who hit it, they'd never guess that it was me.  

We had a big Electric Company warehouse behind our house. I used to hit golf balls over it towards some houses behind. Guy in my same grade who was mean and I didn't like lived there. Pop a couple 9 irons over there and then run inside. 😛

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You can brush your hair when sitting, ya know.

With my bad back I do! Trust me. I sit for everything I can.

• Upvote 1