Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/04)

This is hilarious, just gold!

I know were capable of giving it all back, but I gotta enjoy it while I can should we screw up.

That foul ball just landed right by last night's Hangout Night seats.  Weams and Nash Lumber and Nash's wife and JustD  would have been competing for it

Just now, Sessh said:

Fair enough. I don't listen to the radio really so I have to take people's words for it. I thought Ben McDonald was okay when he was on the telecast. Dave Johnson I've only heard on.. one of the MASN shows that he was a consistent panelist on that I can't remember the name of. Johnson was hit or miss for me, but bearable. I would prefer him over Bordick for sure.

Bordick is awful in every way. He must have a set of the pictures that Mike Wright had.

11 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Got some egg salad too. And a BEAUTIFUL heirloom tomato at the grocery store. Dark red with green stripes. Ate that last night. Chopped up the tomato, salt and pepper and then threw all the egg salad in. Was super great.

I picked up a package of crepes with grains cooked into them that you use as sandwich wraps last night.  Pricey but really good if you are cutting down on the carbs.  Made a wrap with black garlic aioli, some cheese and BH curry chicken breast.  Was very pleasant.

Just now, SteveA said:

That foul ball just landed right by last night's Hangout Night seats.  Weams and Nash Lumber and Nash's wife and JustD  would have been competing for it

I was thinking that. Several years ago someone behind us in Section 8 got a foul ball. I at least got to hold that one, look at it. Never caught one.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Eshelman is the very definition of “warm body.” If he had excellent command, he’d be something, but no. He’s only here till we pick up a warmer body.

I want to see more of him before I label him that way. He has shown flashes of dominance, but has to try to limit the rough stretches. He's been hot and cold, but it definitely hasn't been all bad and there's enough good to warrant further evaluation. Certainly, that may change. I don't put so much emphasis on velocity as being an immediate disqualifier as others seem to do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Bordick is awful in every way. He must have a set of the pictures that Mike Wright had.

I kinda like Bordick. He's not polished and his catch phrase are terrible... but he knows his baseball.

Just now, scOtt said:

I was thinking that. Several years ago someone behind us in Section 8 got a foul ball. I at least got to hold that one, look at it. Never caught one.

Catching a baseball at a game is on my bucket list.  Don't know if it will ever happen though.

Just now, catjuggler said:

Jays look horrible defensively.

BIG time! Even worse than us on a bad day.