Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/04)

Just now, scOtt said:

I kinda like Bordick. He's not polished and his catch phrase are terrible... but he knows his baseball.

Too lollipops and rainbows for me.

I just watched the Tag at 3 by Peterson. He got him but it looked like a really bad tag. Aren’t you supposed to aim for the part of the body closest to the plate? Or do you aim center mass on the torso? It sure looked like the foot almost hit the bag before the tag, and if he’d gone for the thigh, it wouldn't have been so close.

whats protocol?

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I picked up a package of crepes with grains cooked into them that you use as sandwich wraps last night.  Pricey but really good if you are cutting down on the carbs.  Made a wrap with black garlic aioli, some cheese and BH curry chicken breast.  Was very pleasant.

That sounds good!

Do the Jays have any pitching anywhere close in their farm? I glanced at their prospect list yesterday and looked like they are all in the lower minors. The Orioles and Blue Jays may emerge as contenders around the same time. This rivalry may be reignited in a few years.

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I want to see more of him before I label him that way. He has shown flashes of dominance, but has to try to limit the rough stretches. He's been hot and cold, but it definitely hasn't been all bad and there's enough good to warrant further evaluation. Certainly, that may change. I don't put so much emphasis on velocity as being an immediate disqualifier as others seem to do.

I think he came in with a reputation as a strike thrower. Hasn't really got back to that. Yet...

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That sounds good!

They were pricey but tasty.  Added a slight eggy flavor to the wrap.  I was worried they would fall apart but they turned out to be pretty sturdy.

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I kinda like Bordick. He's not polished and his catch phrase are terrible... but he knows his baseball.

Except he doesn’t. All he does is repeat what the play-by-play guy has just said, without adding anything meaningful. Mcdonald is almost as bad. A color guy is supposed to expand and explain and entertain. The PbP guy describes the action. Bordick contributes nothing. He May know baseball but he doesn’t convey anything and his voice is annoying. Johnson’s voice isn’t very appealing but he contributes quite well.

Just now, scOtt said:

I think he came in with a reputation as a strike thrower. Hasn't really got back to that. Yet...

This is true. I'm willing to give him some time, though. Besides, not like there's anything better in Norfolk.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I would think Eshelman wouldn't be able to "throw strikes" in the same way he did in the minors, though. He has to learn some new tricks. Throwing strikes like he did in the minors ends badly in the majors.

Defense from the new Jays is bad. I wonder if it’s bad enough to knock Vlad Jr down a peg in the rookie of the year race?

Im still hoping Means can win, but he has to return and be outstanding again.