Sign in to follow this  
Elbren

OL Alex Lewis Cut

Skura is locked in at center. It seems like they want Eluemunor to with the LG spot but he is terrible, hopefully Powers progresses quickly and can be a little bit better than terrible. It is absurd that LG and C were basically ignored the entire offseason even though it was a glaring weakness coming into the offseason.

I assume this is more an injury settlement cut than due to ability.  He hasn't practiced at all this year and was still being listed as rehab.  Was this his last year on his contract?  I think it was, and if so, may just have been a cut due to him probably not being ready to play this year (would have had to carry him or pull him off IR late in season and I think you only get to bring 2 people off IR).

The ravens save about 2 million for the cut because he was on his rookie deal and have a little over $10 million in cap space.

I think they freed up some roster space, speed up the transition to other players and position themselves in true racens fashion to be ready to improve the team with a late veteran cut.

there are going to be other camp cuts where hopefully the ravens can pull in a guard on the cheap that can be effective.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:23 PM, Aglets said:

Traded to the Jets for a conditional 7th rounder.  That makes this better right?

It does but it’s a shame. When he first showed up it looked like he was going to be real good. 

On 8/5/2019 at 1:14 PM, ChrisP said:

Powers should win the job.

Sounds like Powers has been pretty disappointing thus far.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:23 PM, Aglets said:

Traded to the Jets for a conditional 7th rounder.  That makes this better right?

A conditional 7th rounder I guess is better than a bag of deflated footballs.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Wells threw 2 more clean innings yesterday, striking out one.   His ERA is now 0.66 in 13.2 IP, with a 1.02 WHIP.
    • Fanfest is an off-season event to get the fans excited about the season.  A minor league game played at Camden Yards before or after the season isn't getting anyone excited about the season.  Maybe it is a nice thing for the minor league players who will never get to play in Camden Yards otherwise.  I don't see it getting fans excited about the season.  And it is also free to Season ticket holders.  They get to hear from players and management.  The free fanfest and the in season q&a for season ticket holders with GM and manager were nice features of being a season ticket holder. While a Bowie vs Norfolk game might be something that appeals to you I doubt it would get anyone to pony up for season tickets or buy more game Oriole game tickets. 
    • While I'll never root for the Yanks, part of me almost wanted them to demolish everyone else and stand astride MLB with a metaphorical spear driven through the league.  Cackling maniacally, flaunting their $650M in revenues. It's not completely a coincidence that the Yanks utterly dominated the 1950s, and in the early 60s we got expansion, the draft, teams moving everywhere... Only when the Evil Empire crushes everyone do we stand a chance of MLB really taking proactive steps to subdue them. But I'll take them losing the pennant.
    • WAR is just a framework.  And an open source one at that.  As better metrics evolve you just plug those in.  Right now there's nothing stopping anyone from using Statcast data for outfielder defense in WAR.  Someone may not like how bb-ref or Fangraphs implements some part of WAR.  That's fine.  They should come up with their own value and use that instead.  But they should be prepared to defend it, because like I said, this is all open source. 
    • How so? He pitched a scoreless eighth inning, in the set-up role he's had the whole season. And he barely got through it unscathed despite loading the bases.
    • I always root for the AL representative to the Series....it is just my way.  
  • Popular Contributors