Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Beat 'Dem Yanks (vs. YANKEES, 8/05)

1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I haven’t been paying that much attention, but all the times I have seen Chapman recently he has looked wild and uncertain.

His super high end velocity is gone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

His super high end velocity is gone.

He just hit 100 and 102 on the last two pitches.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

He just hit 100 and 102 on the last two pitches.

CoC can never be wrong so he'll come back and say 105 is his "super high end" velocity or something.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

CoC can never be wrong so he'll come back and say 105 is his "super high end" velocity or something.

Boom!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Episode 3 of The Secret Monkey Quarantine Half Hour Show, featuring our guests this week, Daniel & Danny Chavis of The Veldt, a pioneering African-American psychedelia-soul outfit from Raleigh NC.  Our song to kick off the show was a cover of The Cowsills' "The Rain, The Park & Other Things" culled from video from 2 shows we did just prior to the stay-at-home orders and one from a driveway concert we played for our neighbors as they watched from their yards.     
    • Somewhere between Matt Wieters running downhill and Miggy Cabrera riding a mobility scooter.
    • There was a game scheduled on May 18, 1912 between the Philadelphia Athletics and the Detroit Tigers in Philadelphia. Before the game, all the Tigers' regular players announced that they were going on strike to protest the suspension of Ty Cobb for an incident three days earlier when he got into a fight with a fan. Detroit's management scraped together a team of whomever they could find and put them on the field to play the game.  The A's won the game, 24-2. In those days, newspaper box scores frequently abbreviated players' names with the liberal use of apostrophes.  One player's name appeared in the paper as L'nh's'r.  The comment was made, years later, that nobody ever knew whether the guy's name was Loopenhouser or Lagenhassinger, but they figured the guy's wife probably called him a liar when he said he'd played ball for the Detroit club that day. Well, by golly, Retrosheet has a boxscore of that game, including the player's full, unabbreviated name.  He was Bill Leinhauser.  He went 0-for-4 in the game with three strikeouts.  He played center field that day, recording no putouts, but he did pick up one assist and finished his major league playing career with a fielding percentage of 1.000. Bill was 18 years old when he played in that game.  He lived to the age of 84, dying in 1978.  No word on whether his wife ever believed his story about what he did that afternoon.
    • My point is that Iglesias is not known for his bat.  To project him as a 6 hole batter says that the guys that are 7-9 are not up to batting that high.  That would be Ruiz, Severino and whoever is the 3rd outfielder.   While Hyde may be right it doesn't sound very good.
    • A split decision. There comes a point when you have done well enough, splitting is just fine. 
    • Not that I'm not glad he's bulked back up but I'm curious what his foot speed is going to be like, since slim Davis wasn't exactly fast.
    • 😛 Actually I think he may be.
  • Popular Contributors