Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Who is on the O's roster after Sept 2nd?

On 8/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, wildcard said:

The question on Harvey is how much do the O's want him to pitch this season?   He pitched 87.2 innings as a starter in 2014.   However since his TJ surgery he has not pitched more than 32 innings in the 2018 season.   He has pitched 71.2 inning so far this season.  They might  just want to shut him down for the season after Sept 2nd rather than promoting him.

I'd like to see Harvey get a few innings in Baltimore this September.  Maybe situational one batter matchups, low leverage situations in blowouts, etc.  No more than 8-10 innings, just to see what he's got and give him something he needs to work on in the offseason to stick with the club out of ST in 2020.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:49 PM, Roll Tide said:

Its not my place to put a value on you 1.1 post per month for five years. It's also not my place to say good riddance to you. 

I don’t want to insert myself into this spat, but as one of the most frequent posters here (maybe the most frequent), I just want to say that I’d never judge a poster by the frequency of their posts.    There are some folks who very rarely post, but when they do, always have something valuable to say.    And there are others who post multiple times a day and yet contribute very little.    So, I do hope that any infrequent posters like owknows won’t think their thoughts on the Orioles aren’t welcomed.    

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t want to insert myself into this spat, but as one of the most frequent posters here (maybe the most frequent), I just want to say that I’d never judge a poster by the frequency of their posts.    There are some folks who very rarely post, but when they do, always have something valuable to say.    And there are others who post multiple times a day and yet contribute very little.    So, I do hope that any infrequent posters like owknows won’t think their thoughts on the Orioles aren’t welcomed.    

I I don't disagree with your response to thi post. In most cases many occasional posters bring some real value. In fact, I often hope that they would join and post more often. 

My remarks were pointed at a specific poster. I encourage you to read the previous exchange. 

I don't claim to be better than anyone else here. It just bugs me when a poster offer little to nothing to the conversation. But then uses the rep button (mostly negative lately) to judge others.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I I don't disagree with your response to thi post. In most cases many occasional posters bring some real value. In fact, I often hope that they would join and post more often. 

My remarks were pointed at a specific poster. I encourage you to read the previous exchange. 

I don't claim to be better than anyone else here. It just bugs me when a poster offer little to nothing to the conversation. But then uses the rep button (mostly negative lately) to judge others.

Cheers!

I’d already read the exchange.    I wasn’t meaning to weigh in on that.    Just making a general point about post counts.     

59 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d already read the exchange.    I wasn’t meaning to weigh in on that.    Just making a general point about post counts.     

Ok Sure..... I’d never intentionally want to make anyone feel unwanted or inferior. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well said on all levels.