Snutchy

Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

3 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

Can you please translate this into millennial for me or at least reference an election 1980 or later.

McGovern made another run in the '84 Dem primary.   I voted for him.

And G. Gordon Liddy was hosting a talk show in the 80s, I believe.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

This too. It can't be that difficult to set up an option or button that allows one to avoid quoted posts by people on one's Ignore list. @Moderators: Please look into it. I'm sure many OH'ers would appreciate it! (I'm not aiming this in particular at Atomic issues; it would obviously be an improvement to be able to ignore all posts by people on one's Ignore list.) Thank you.

As far as I know, you can't block a quoted poster in another post. This falls under the whole, "You gotta keep on scrolling sometimes and ignore!"

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure how fluent Drungo is in meme.

Kinda resenting your insinuation Mondale/Ferraro '84 is a meme.  You best consider your abilities at fisticuffs when attacking a man's bumperstickers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barnaby Graves said:

Kinda resenting your insinuation Mondale/Ferraro '84 is a meme.  You best consider your abilities at fisticuffs when attacking a man's bumperstickers.

Ticket won 13 electoral votes.  They might not be worthy of a meme.

3 hours ago, Barnaby Graves said:

Can you please translate this into millennial for me or at least reference an election 1980 or later.

G Gordon Libby was a nut job who broke into Watergate to steal Democratic strategies.  McGovern was the democratic candidate after the front running Democrat was knocked out after Libby stole his stationary and forged a letter from him to make Muskiie look insane.

Rodger Stone would be a good comparison to Libby.  They stuck Libby in a country club type prison and he organized a hunger strike to complain about conditions so they shipped him off to Lorton where they housed federal inmates of the most heinous crimes. 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:43 PM, atomic said:

G Gordon Libby was a nut job who broke into Watergate to steal Democratic strategies.  McGovern was the democratic candidate after the front running Democrat was knocked out after Libby stole his stationary and forged a letter from him to make Muskiie look insane.

Rodger Stone would be a good comparison to Libby.  They stuck Libby in a country club type prison and he organized a hunger strike to complain about conditions so they shipped him off to Lorton where they housed federal inmates of the most heinous crimes. 

Liddy, not Libby.

18 hours ago, weams said:

"Mike (Elias, Orioles executive vice president/general manager) and I sat down several weeks ago and kind of went over a program that we both thought was going to be beneficial not only for me, but the Orioles and my teammates as well. I’ve enjoyed being around the guys and getting a chance to kind of coach and teach. Something that I didn’t really expect to do at this point in my career. But just like last night, we had a chance to maybe get a backdoor out with two outs and a guy at second base."

Is the program not him completely rebuilding his swing and body in the offseason?

2 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

"Mike (Elias, Orioles executive vice president/general manager) and I sat down several weeks ago and kind of went over a program that we both thought was going to be beneficial not only for me, but the Orioles and my teammates as well. I’ve enjoyed being around the guys and getting a chance to kind of coach and teach. Something that I didn’t really expect to do at this point in my career. But just like last night, we had a chance to maybe get a backdoor out with two outs and a guy at second base."

Is the program not him completely rebuilding his swing and body in the offseason?

I think not. 

6 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

Anyone else intrigued that Elias had a one on one with a player during the season?

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Anyone else intrigued that Elias had a one on one with a player during the season?

One that attempted to attack his manager?  

4 minutes ago, weams said:

One that attempted to attack his manager?  

You thinking Elias should have brought a bodyguard?

I've seen the Statcast data, I'm pretty sure Elias can outrun Davis.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Less worried about that then I am about CD "being around the guys and getting a chance to kind of coach and teach". I don't think I want CD coaching or teaching anyone anything at any time.