Greg Pappas

Poll: Which Orioles/Affiliates games do you attend-- at least on occasion?

Which Orioles/Affiliates games do you attend-- at least on occasion?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Orioles/Affiliates games do you attend-- at least on occasion?

• I go to or have gone to Orioles games
    • I go to or have gone to Norfolk games
    • I go to or have gone to Bowie games
    • I go to or have gone to Frederick games
    • I go to or have gone to Delmarva games
    • I go to or have gone to Aberdeen games
    • I go to or have gone to GCL O's games
    • I go to or have gone to --surprise-- DSL O's games

I go to a handful of Orioles and Keys games a year, and try to get to Hagerstown to see Delmarva at least once a season. 

Would like to go to Bowie for the first time, but hate dealing with the traffic trying to get there from Charles Town 

20 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

I went to my very first game in Frederick about a month ago. My daughter and her husband moved to Frederick from Utah after being there for over a decade. Had their first child (and my first grandchild) in Frederick in April. Yeah me!

The stadium's radar gun wasn't working and the parking was --unfortunate... had to walk like a quarter mile to get inside with serious back and hip issues. Otherwise it was cool. :)

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the radar but it rarely works.  Parking is good with me but I can walk without pain.  :)  Nice little stadium.  Decent food, though some of it has big ball park prices.  I've seen so many future Orioles come through there.  I've been one of the biggest fans of Hall and Mountcastle on OH because it's clear from their performance with the Keys how much talent they have.  Hall is the hardest thrower I've seen and Mountcastle had the loudest bat.  I take my boys' baseball teams out there on occasion and have done the Anthem Buddies where the kids get to run on the field with the players for the anthem.  Very cool.  Have a picture of my youngest with Mountcastle 2 or 3 years ago.  They frequently have family friendly, minor league events, like bring your dog night, too. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the radar but it rarely works.  Parking is good with me but I can walk without pain.  :)  Nice little stadium.  Decent food, though some of it has big ball park prices.  I've seen so many future Orioles come through there.  I've been one of the biggest fans of Hall and Mountcastle on OH because it's clear from their performance with the Keys how much talent they have.  Hall is the hardest thrower I've seen and Mountcastle had the loudest bat.  I take my boys' baseball teams out there on occasion and have done the Anthem Buddies where the kids get to run on the field with the players for the anthem.  Very cool.  Have a picture of my youngest with Mountcastle 2 or 3 years ago.  They frequently have family friendly, minor league events, like bring your dog night, too. 

Awesome. Getting the kids involved and enjoying themselves is a treasure for all involved. Those are memories that stick with you and the kids.

I spoke with the man in charge of the radar gun (forget his name) and I was informed that it's been broken or malfunctioning most of the season AND that it's not the fault of the Keys, but the city of Frederick. He explained that it's their responsibility to fix it, and they just haven't. Seems quite ridiculous.

21 hours ago, Ripken said:

I'm at Frederick games several times a year.  Live 10 minutes away.

Used to live within walking distance, moved to the other side of town. Now would be a longer walk.

I've been to Frederick a couple times. Used to go to Hagerstown occasionally when we still had the Suns. Fairly nice stadium for an A(?) ball team. Frederick is a beautiful stadium! Love that the players have to cross the concourse to get to and from the field.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I've been to Frederick a couple times. Used to go to Hagerstown occasionally when we still had the Suns. Fairly nice stadium for an A(?) ball team. Frederick is a beautiful stadium! Love that the players have to cross the concourse to get to and from the field.

We always sit on the side by the Keys dugout and clubhouse.  It is neat that field access to the clubhouse is basically through the stands.  The players will always talk to us and throw balls to my kids.  I had my boys in the dugout once (we probably shouldn't have been there, but, whatever) and one of the guys (totally forget who) gave us a bat.  Always fun.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

Awesome. Getting the kids involved and enjoying themselves is a treasure for all involved. Those are memories that stick with you and the kids.

I spoke with the man in charge of the radar gun (forget his name) and I was informed that it's been broken or malfunctioning most of the season AND that it's not the fault of the Keys, but the city of Frederick. He explained that it's their responsibility to fix it, and they just haven't. Seems quite ridiculous.

Weams got him and me press passes for Bundy's first game at Frederick. Before his TJ even. Radar was working then. He was sitting 93-94 but the regulars in the pressbox were saying it was really 3-4 mph SLOW. :eek:

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Weams got him and me press passes for Bundy's first game at Frederick. Before his TJ even. Radar was working then. He was sitting 93-94 but the regulars in the pressbox were saying it was really 3-4 mph SLOW. :eek:

It sure seems slow.  Didn't get a reading on Hall this year but it had to be around 96.  Hitters late and catcher glove was really popping.