Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. ASTROS, 8/10

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's gotta go further than that.  The warehouse sits higher than the playing field, and by a good bit.  If the warehouse and the playing field were on the same level, no doubt it'd have been peppered by now.

Hmm, yeah good point. I just remember reading somewhere that the warehouse sits 439ft from home plate, but you're right on that. I wonder what the exact home run distance needed would be? Maybe I can find how far Griffey's went in the HR derby.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Never saw that, and I'm going to continue to resist the temptation to toss in Magic Bus.

Have at it! Game is't much fun...

Just now, Sessh said:

Ahh, so Griffey's home run was 465ft.

Didn't know the distance. Off the base of the Batter's eye tho.

I wonder what they called the one Juan Gone hit in the HR Derby off the Upper Deck facade?

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

Hmm, yeah good point. I just remember reading somewhere that the warehouse sits 439ft from home plate, but you're right on that. I wonder what the exact home run distance needed would be? Maybe I can find how far Griffey's went in the HR derby.

I think @SteveA was on the right path.  It wasn't pulled enough for it to have gone to the Warehouse, it'd have been out towards Boog's.  

Had it gone down the line to RF, it might have gotten there.  Hard to say.  Correa should get a plaque for that one.

I'm of the opinion that if it hasn't been hit now, no one's ever gonna hit it.  We've seen the steroid era come and go since 1992, we've also seen a jackrabbit ball this year.  No one's really come close.  In a way, I'm glad that Griffey Jr. during the HR derby is the only one that has, seems kinda perfect.  It'd be weird if it was, like, Lee Stevens that was the guy that hit the Warehouse.

While we're talking about massive OPACY homers, I remember Mo Vaughn hitting one that reached under the jumbotron.  

7 Longest Home runs in Camden Yards History

1. Correa 474ft
2. Griffey / Strawberry 465ft
3. Pedro Munoz 463ft
4. Jeffrey Hammonds 460ft
5. Mo Vaughn 457ft
6. Eric Davis 452ft

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

After 2 innings, the Astros' team batting average for this game was over .500 )(8-for-14.)

After going 1-for-4 in the 3rd inning, that team batting average is now down to .500 )(9-for-18.)

Baby steps.

o

o

The Astros went )0-for-3 on )7 pitches against Brandon Kline in the 4th inning.

What a crazy game this is.

o