2. Griffey / Strawberry 465ft
3. Pedro Munoz 463ft
4. Jeffrey Hammonds 460ft
5. Mo Vaughn 457ft
6. Eric Davis 452ft

Glad to see Jeffrey Hammonds on there.

Who the hell is Pedro Munoz?  

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think @SteveA was on the right path.  It wasn't pulled enough for it to have gone to the Warehouse, it'd have been out towards Boog's.  

Had it gone down the line to RF, it might have gotten there.  Hard to say.  Correa should get a plaque for that one.

I'm of the opinion that if it hasn't been hit now, no one's ever gonna hit it.  We've seen the steroid era come and go since 1992, we've also seen a jackrabbit ball this year.  No one's really come close.  In a way, I'm glad that Griffey Jr. during the HR derby is the only one that has, seems kinda perfect.  It'd be weird if it was, like, Lee Stevens that was the guy that hit the Warehouse.

While we're talking about massive OPACY homers, I remember Mo Vaughn hitting one that reached under the jumbotron.  

You might be right. We haven't had many left handed power hitters with THAT kind of power on our team over the years, though. Davis's blasts were more high than far, but far enough. At least, it seemed that way.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Glad to see Jeffrey Hammonds on there.

Who the hell is Pedro Munoz?  

Oakland A's DH.. 1996.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember that guy.  I refuse to believe he hit one of the longest homers at OPACY.  I think @Sessh meant Pedro Alvarez or something.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

You might be right. We haven't had many left handed power hitters with THAT kind of power on our team over the years, though. Davis's blasts were more high than far, but far enough. At least, it seemed that way.

That's true, but we've also seen some all time great lefty power hitters come through here over the years.  I mean, if Griffey can only do it in a derby, what's that say about anyone else's chances?  Not even the one he hit off Pennington hit the Warehouse.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also, that list of longest homers says something about the quality of our pitching for the majority of the time that OPACY has been open, I feel.

All of those were hit in the 90's, though. Davis and Griffey in 1993, Munoz and Vaughn hit theirs in 1996, Hammonds in 1997 and Strawberry in 1998. That list hasn't been changed until Correa's blast tonight.

• Upvote 1

I remember that guy.  I refuse to believe he hit one of the longest homers at OPACY.  I think @Sessh meant Pedro Alvarez or something.

That's true, but we've also seen some all time great lefty power hitters come through here over the years.  I mean, if Griffey can only do it in a derby, what's that say about anyone else's chances?  Not even the one he hit off Pennington hit the Warehouse.

Yep one hopper against the batters eye off of Mike Mussina of all pitchers I believe.

Griffey off Pennington.  IIRC, Nike used this in a commercial at one point.

Aside from his perfect swing and the nostalgia that comes along with it, my favorite thing here is the way that Pennington is looking up like "jeez,  I can't believe he hit that."

C'mon dude, you missed your spot by about a foot and left it in the middle of the plate.

3 minutes ago, vatech1994 said:

Mancini doesn’t get to another one that was catchable.

Was wondering. Not that fast and I doubt his route was efficient.