Tony-OH

Nashville Orioles???

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/01/14/sports-media-power-player-aims-to-bring-major.html

Sounds like they are nowhere near ready and would really only be looking at an expansion team...maybe...down the road. 

Poll in this article shows 48 percent in Nashville said they would go “to a few games” with 34 percent fully on board and 15 percent not interested. 

Nashville Sounds are currently 3rd in PCL attendance at over 8000 per game after a new downtown AAA park was built in 2015...still behind Las Vegas and Round Rock TX clubs in attendance. 

8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/01/14/sports-media-power-player-aims-to-bring-major.html

Sounds like they are nowhere near ready and would really only be looking at an expansion team...maybe...down the road. 

Poll in this article shows 48 percent in Nashville said they would go “to a few games” with 34 percent fully on board and 15 percent not interested. 

Nashville Sounds are currently 3rd in PCL attendance at over 8000 per game after a new downtown AAA park was built in 2015...still behind Las Vegas and Round Rock TX clubs in attendance. 

Round Rock has a population of 123,000, and is close to Austin, which is the 11th largest city in the United States, believe it or not.  Population 947,000.  Austin is also 80 miles from San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the U.S (1,530,000).  Seems to me the Austin/San Antonio area would be very viable for a MLB team.

7 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Round Rock has a population of 123,000, and is close to Austin, which is the 11th largest city in the United States, believe it or not.  Population 947,000.  Austin is also 80 miles from San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the U.S (1,530,000).  Seems to me the Austin/San Antonio area would be very viable for a MLB team.

Austin-Round Rock metroplex or Austin metro is 2.168 mil. Fastest growing city in the US. Your number is likely city limits. 

I’d love to see a pro team here, but any sport has to compete with UT. And still as hot here at times as Dallas or Houston. Not sure the citizens have the desire for the cost of a domed stadium.

58 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Been gone for 2 months, and I see things in OH doesn't change, we still complain about crime and the city.

Regardless of what is happening around the rest of the US of A. :)

At least we know you're alive. Weams was worried. ;)

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

At least we know you're alive. Weams was worried. ;)

It was something that came up, unexpectedly, and lucky for me, I chose the retirement option, and then took my time deciding when to re-land.

I had no warning whatsoever, other, than management was worried about the bottom line.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

It was something that came up, unexpectedly, and lucky for me, I chose the retirement option, and then took my time deciding when to re-land.

I had no warning whatsoever, other, than management was worried about the bottom line.

Is that the only place you had internet access from? :D Either way, welcome back!

32 minutes ago, Number5 said:

No please no. 

40 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Is that a function of how they draw the city limits in Texas?  Whereas other US cities have relatively small/tight corporate limits, but are effectively "bigger" towns?

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Is that a function of how they draw the city limits in Texas?  Whereas other US cities have relatively small/tight corporate limits, but are effectively "bigger" towns?

See Il BuonO's post above.  Austin metro is over 2 million.

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

Exactly. The city JUST built a new AAA stadium downtown less than 5 years ago. Nashville isn't even close to the top relocation/expansion destination. Anything to get a "discussion" I guess.

Edited by LTO's

24 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

No please no. 

Austin Orioles has a certain ring to it and there are actual Orioles here.

Although, there is this....

Baltimore Oriole is an adaptable species, breeding in open deciduous woodlands, including riparian situations, residential areas and parks. In Texas, it prefers cooler, moister habitats. ... The breeding status of Baltimore Oriole in Texas is not encouraging.

6 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Baltimore Oriole is an adaptable species, breeding in open deciduous woodlands, including riparian situations, residential areas and parks. In Texas, it prefers cooler, moister habitats. ... The breeding status of Baltimore Oriole in Texas is not encouraging.

Maybe dey need to clear deir beaks so dey can breed easier.

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Maybe dey need to clear deir beaks so dey can breed easier.

11 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Sounds like the Orioles can’t hit it in Texas, either...

*Facepalm* at this thread.  The linked article is clickbait, pure and simple.  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.  Smh.