Sign in to follow this  
Sessh

vs. YANKEES Game 1, 8/12

4 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

What are the Yankees feeding Urshela?  Or any of their other, violently overachieving offensive players?  These guys are redefining the concept of "career years."

Whatever it is, I can assure you it's undetectable. 😀 Why do they get to have all the fun?

4 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

What are the Yankees feeding Urshela?  Or any of their other, violently overachieving offensive players?  These guys are redefining the concept of "career years."

I'm just hoping that the clock strikes 12, and these guys revert to their former selves, around the time the postseason starts.

..or maybe just a natural testosterone booster like Ashwagandha. It actually works, too. Pretty well. I use it and notice a difference.

I smell BS with these Yankee hitters.  They should have a stat like OPS+ for a guy relative to his career stats to that point.  100 would be exactly in line with how he has done previously, above 100 is exceeding career averages, below 100 is falling below.  Not sure how to measure it yet, but each of these damn hitters would be 150 or higher.  Reminds me of Shawn Chacon and Aaron Small in 2005.....

Severino's overall numbers this year still look good, but he hasn't been very good since the break. Needs to make an adjustment back to the league.

Severino leaving runners in scoring position in each of his two at bats.  Needs to hit a ball and extend a rally.  His at bats have been Davis-esque

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Severino's overall numbers this year still look good, but he hasn't been very good since the break. Needs to make an adjustment back to the league.

.672 OPS post all star break for Severino. 

I have no evidence of this, but I like to think that the NYYs' Mike Ford is a close relative of Lew Ford.

I do have evidence of the fact that Ynoa can't avoid throwing the ball over the center of the strike zone.

Kahnle blew saves in each of his last two appearances against the Orioles (May 23 and August 5.)

Looks like Boone wanted to get him into a situation where he couldn't blow another one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• o   In this pandemic-shortened season, the Orioles seem to have lost numerous close, hard-fought games against the Rays.   o
    • I would not think so. We got a lot for Givens. 
    • 8 games left and he is now at 92 at-bats after getting 3 at-bats in each of the last 3 games (11 plate appearances total). Helps keep the at-bats down when the team can't score any runs. Would need 38 at-bats over the final 8 games to lose rookie/prospect eligibility. Mountcastle has only had 5 at-bats in 3 games thus far this season, so the chances of him getting 5 at-bats in 6 of his final 8 games are pretty much non-existent. 
    • As of 9-19 Sisco  0 PB 13 WP -3 dRS -2.7 dWAR  Overall 0.3 fWAR Severino  5 PB 15 WP -1DRS dWAR. 04 Overall .7 fWAR  I included wild pitches Because it can be debatable whether the blame should be on the catcher or the pitcher, but Sisco Is clearly better at stopping pitches. But neither of these guys will make any other team go googly eyed.
    • This is where Sisco is today the 19th. He has improved, in K and BB rats especially, but I don’t think anyone is going to be in a rush to trade anything meaningful for him. His defense remains bad and he offers nothing as a runner.  32.4 K rate .340 BABIP .235 AVG .381 OBP 125 WRC .03 fWAR
    • I’m pretty sure he would be claimed, but that would actually be good for the Orioles. If he does, he gets the benefit of coaching from the new team, and we can watch him develop, or not, on a real life stage. If it is unlikely that he does well Enough to stick, when he returns to us, we will have had the benefit of the empty roster spot, but also the benefit another team coaching, and whatever experience he has on the major league stage, if he gets that far. And when he returns to us, we will have that much more knowledge and can deal with him more effectively. Of course there’s always the risk that he makes it all the way with his new team, and I guess that’s the risk we have to take. After all, TJ McFarland has had a pretty good career throwing in the upper 80s.
  • Popular Contributors