Sign in to follow this  
Sessh

vs. YANKEES Game 1, 8/12

I asked earlier how Ynoa was doing, but I forgot to post the question. Now I think it’s unnecessary to do so.

And yes, I just know I still need to get some names of guys who should be called up, haven’t had time to do that yet I’ll do it on the plane tomorrow. But I’m certainly at the point where I’m happy letting go of Ynoa. He’s not terrible but… Oh who am I kidding? He’s terrible.

Hyde is confusing to me sometimes. He'll leave Ynoa in there to give up seven runs on, what, four homers in six innings? Put he pulls other guys early. He pulled Means in his last start after giving up that one home run though I guess that may have been due to not wanting to push him after returning from injury. He'll pull Eshelman for seemingly no reason at times or if he allows a couple solo homers after pitching well for several innings. I don't quite understand his methodology with the pitching. It seems inconsistent, but I am glad Ynoa was left in so try to work through it. There seems to be no rhyme or reason at times for pulling guys early or not pulling them early.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I see my hopes for Martin are likely a bit lofty.

Going 1-for-5 breaks even at .200, so hope for 1-for-4 or maybe he gets a walk or another hit. There's still hope!

You know what I don't understand about that approach to Urshella? Why do we shift him to pull and then pitch him away? Seems that would make it as easy as possible for him to do what he just did.

If the Yankees played us everyday for a full season, they'd lead in HR hits by so much, that you couldn't see the 2nd place team with the Hubble Telescope

5 minutes ago, Sessh said:

You know what I don't understand about that approach to Urshella? Why do we shift him to pull and then pitch him away? Seems that would make it as easy as possible for him to do what he just did.

Why indeed?

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's not like Martin is going to be around when the Orioles return back to the playoffs. 

Shoot, he might not make it through next year. My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I made my first comment.

13 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Palmer has stated that on multiple occasions. Pitchers aren’t as good at pitching to their defense. 

Look, Aaron Boone is using Britton in the game.  What a novel concept.

(sorry couldn't resist)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Lol. Because we have to room to make our 2 rule 5 selections. 
    • I’m torn on Mckenna. I see your points about Fry and Armstrong. I think we have some relievers that would be “good” if they were on a team that could use them in traditional ways. Like Fry, Scott, Armstrong, Castro, and even Bleier, but we’re not a traditional team. We’re a team struggling to cover innings.  That’s why I Was surprised we let Ynoa and Brooks both go. I could see one but not both. Those were two guys you could stick in any game and say you just gotta eat innings.  Having one inning relievers on this team is pretty pointless, outside of Givens.  Will we be able to do the Norfolk shuttle now, since there really aren’t those guys on the roster now to shuttle up and down?  They’re now prospects that we’d like to leave in their SP regimen. 
    • Why would anyone need to be DFAd in that scenario with five open roster spaces?
    • The O's really needs to add  near term starters.  And to sign them Elias may have to offer a 40 man roster spots.  I see Armstrong and Fry vulnerable to being left go in order to sign some guys that offer more innings. Wojo types.   Kyle Moore says Fenter has three plus pitches.  As bad as the O's need starters I can't see  them exposing a guy like that to the draft.  Even if he ends of being a multi inning reliever if he has three plus pitches he is too good to expose IMO. If the O's had the room I would protect McKenna but when I try to fit him on the 40 man with the need for starters, long relievers and adding Mountcastle I run out of room.  
    • Thanks for the great analysis @Tony-OH @Luke-OH.   Do you guys think Mullins has been officially asked to give up switch hitting?  
    • 26 man roster thought... A six man rotation would benefit everyone. I know, I know... we can barely find 5 SP(really 3), but it could allow us to start Harvey in 3IP stints, and go from there.  Means - would his fb play up, or could it hurt the feel for his secondaries? Bundy - always benefits from the extra rest  Cobb - has been hurt the last two years, so... Wojo - his stuff could play up Akin - a good way to break him into the MLB.  Wasn’t going deep into AAA starts. Harvey - we get to see if he can start with extra rest and a controlled environment. Also this would be a good way to introduce future pitching prospects as either spot starters or for long relief one game. Or why couldn’t we just piggyback guys like they do in the minors to start the year. What is the downside?  We lose 110 instead of 105?
    • Just reminds of how strange a year 2012 was. Roberts was a non-contributor to that team. I can’t say I be same about Markakis, he just caught a tough break from CC. The first time we make the playoffs after all those years and those two weren’t factors in the playoffs. 
  • Popular Contributors