Greg Pappas

O's claim RHP Ryan Eades from Twins

6 hours ago, ScGO's said:

High K rate.  May be a spin rate guy

If he’s got a high spin rate does that mean we could do something with him like we did with Armstrong?

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I guess this is a  case of Elias must have some analytics magic to apply to something on this guy to make him way better than the one run per AAA game worse than Yac he appears from his numbers? His AAA ERA is just about one run worse than Jimmy Yacabonis'.

10 years ago I'd say why not take a flier on a guy with 11 K/9 in AAA.  But the Rochester Red Wings Eades has been pitching for actually, really have 18 different guys with 10+ K/9 this year.   Eades just happens to be one of them with a 5.51 ERA.

What is his FIP?

2 hours ago, Philip said:

One down...(Sigh) but we’re not done yet. Curious they dumped Yac instead of Phillips.

They might feel like Yac can get through waivers easier than Phillips.

8 hours ago, interloper said:

Yeah like I said, I'd take him over Yac, who 5.56 in AAA this year. 

:) 

4.35 for Yacobonis in AAA this year.  Mysterious claim,  he is going to be awful.

23 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

They might feel like Yac can get through waivers easier than Phillips.

You’re not the first person who suggested that Phillips might get claimed. I can’t imagine why it would be any great loss if he were. He’s not even an innings eater because he gets blasted to quickly and so much.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

One down...(Sigh) but we’re not done yet. Curious they dumped Yac instead of Phillips.

Phillips is 24 and Yac is 27.  Its as simple as that.  Still Phillips time is coming.  He probably will not make the protected roster for the Rule 5 draft this off season.

14 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Also high run rate.

This comment  got a legit lol. Let’s be real, we could DFA most of the P on the 40 man and they’d go unclaimed. 

7 hours ago, atomic said:

4.35 for Yacobonis in AAA this year.  Mysterious claim,  he is going to be awful.

Yac out of options rendering him useless in 2020, not mysterious in the slightest.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Phillips is 24 and Yac is 27.  Its as simple as that.  Still Phillips time is coming.  He probably will not make the protected roster for the Rule 5 draft this off season.

Phillips is young, but he has been bad over the entire time he’s been around. And not just with us. What is his appeal? It’s not just youth, But he doesn’t seem to have shown any redeeming quality.

28 minutes ago, Philip said:

Phillips is young, but he has been bad over the entire time he’s been around. And not just with us. What is his appeal? It’s not just youth, But he doesn’t seem to have shown any redeeming quality.

As Luke-OH has said, he misses bats and that's half the battle.  And it's not like the guys we'd replace him with are great.  Yacobonis doesn't even miss that many bats in AAA.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

As Luke-OH has said, he misses bats and that's half the battle.  And it's not like the guys we'd replace him with are great.  Yacobonis doesn't even miss that many bats in AAA.

Well, if he’s won Half the battle, I guess it’s the other half that is the important part, because he sure doesn’t have anything to call home about after a trip to the mound.