OFFNY

vs. RED SOX, 8/16

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I have never heard a scouting report saying that Stewart is a below average OF. 

I just got home did he misplay a ball earlier?

He just ran a long way because he was playing towards center for a high fly ball.   He got under it on the run and it just plain missed his glove.

Also did Gary Thorne say something crazy earlier? I see some stuff on twitter. No details. 

He certainly basically just called out Stewart as not a major league outfielder, or at least not playing like one. 

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Enough people like it that I do ok. Because folks who like it are folks who have money. 

Are you saying economically disadvantaged folks can't like the cello?  Huh?

That statement says a lot of things.

1 minute ago, jtm said:

He certainly basically just called out Stewart as not a major league outfielder, or at least not playing like one. 

I heard that. He did that last week. This was something earlier 

DJ to my knowledge has never had this DH label that Gary keeps saying. 

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He just ran a long way because he was playing towards center for a high fly ball.   He got under it on the run and it just plain missed his glove.

Right. I saw that one. I was wondering if any other misplays earlier. The shift there was crazy. He ran a mile.  

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

I never heard much about his defense at all except the word “average” was used. And average is nothing to complain about. If he’s average I won’t care.

But what I’ve seen of him, he looks like Trumbo.

Yeah. I am not defending his play out there so far but this idea that Gary keeps saying isn’t true. That said he looks like a DH after plays like that.  

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Also did Gary Thorne say something crazy earlier? I see some stuff on twitter. No details. 

No, he thought a ball was a HR that was caught in front of the warning track (but still 400+ feet out in the deepest part of the park).   And when he realized it wasn't going over the fence he started to say "off the..." but the outfielder settled under it and made a routine catch.

• Haha 1

Just now, SteveA said:

No, he thought a ball was a HR that was caught in front of the warning track (but still 400+ feet out in the deepest part of the park).   And when he realized it wasn't going over the fence he started to say "off the..." but the outfielder settled under it and made a routine catch.

Ok. I guess that was it. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Apparently you are purposefully misconstruing things again.  As that was never said.

Not at all. I didn’t hear anyone ever say that and I didn’t say anyone did. But the draft picks emphasized offense over defense.

Yeah. I am not defending his play out there so far but this idea that Gary keeps saying isn’t true. That said he looks like a DH after plays like that.  

I am not listening to Gary so I don’t know what you’re referencing. And I’ve never heard Gary say anything in particular about Stewart at all.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Not at all. I didn’t hear anyone ever say that and I didn’t say anyone did. But the draft picks emphasized offense over defense.

I don't think it's like football where if you pick two receivers, a running back, left guard and a tight end, you can say you drafted heavy on offense.

37 minutes ago, Philip said:

I wish I could multi-task. No cello, no music, no English. I’m playing a lot of candy crush and working on my book.

How many musical instruments you play? 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

And yet you keep mentioning Sisco when you repeatedly make this point.  You know the kid who had been catching for a few months when drafted.  You know, not nearly long enough to determine what level his defense would be in five years.

Somehow you think that despite the lack of data they knew how his defense would translate.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you saying economically disadvantaged folks can't like the cello?  Huh?

That statement says a lot of things.

No im not saying that at all, and it’s very difficult to infer that from what I said. What I said was that people who like the cello tend to be able to afford to support people who play/teach/make cellos.

I didn’t even address the opposite  scenario, which is the inference that you made( ie people who like it have money, therefore people who don’t like it don’t have money, which neither follows logically, nor was implied by my comment)

Just now, Philip said:

No im not saying that at all, and it’s very difficult to infer that from what I said. What I said was that people who like the cello tend to be able to afford to support people who play/teach/make cellos.

I didn’t even address the opposite  scenario, which is the inference that you made( ie people who like it have money, therefore people who don’t like it don’t have money, which neither follows logically, nor was implied by my comment)

You seem to be a cello type.