OFFNY

vs. RED SOX, 8/16

Bleier was 22 and 26% in 17 and 18 at IS%. This year it is 54%. 

The 17 and 18 numbers pretty good considering his stuff. 

• Upvote 1

o

69% of the outs that Brooks recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

He had a solid Strikes-to-Balls ratio.

16 OUTS: ) 7 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 2 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout

AARON LEE BROOKS ))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS) 

IP:lll5.33

H:llll 8 )) (2 Triples, 3 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 5

BB:ll1 ) *

SO:lll2

Pitches: )l 91(60)Strikes, )31 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 6.49 )l) 77.67 IP  (56 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.429 )l )  77.67 IP  (111 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .284 ))  (89 for 313) 

* )) Brooks also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

20 ll(14 llStrikes, lll6 llBalls)

71 ll(5llStrikes, lll2 llBalls)

13 ll(71 llStrikes, llll6 llBalls)

26 ll(17 llStrikes, llll9 llBalls)

17 ll(11 llStrikes, llll6 llBalls)

81 ll(6llStrikes, llll2 llBallsl) ) **

** )) Brooks recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

o

Well, at least our pitchers seem to be trying to pitch inside more though don't seem too comfortable with the idea. Still, a plus.

Well I picked a good time to take my shower.

I wonder if Bleier has reached his expiration date? He’s got his pension and money in the bank so he’s set, but I like him and would be happy to see him bounce back.

2 hours ago, O's84 said:

I hate the cello. :D;)

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Enough people like it that I do ok. Because folks who like it are folks who have money. 

Sorry, I had to run off for an obligation so I wasn't able to respond.  I actually do like the sound of the cello.  My joke was a reference to something in my own life.  I was in High School in the music room, and I wasn't paying attention so I tripped over a chair.  The momentum took me and my knee straight into a cello's endpin (which was uncapped).  The guy sitting near me laughed and I laughed.  Then I realized how big the wound was and it started to hurt.  I then stopped laughing.  Eventually I got to the school's nurse, but ultimately I had to go to the hospital and get stitches.  Ever since then it's been a running joke in the family that I "hate" cellos.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Going off what you said, " folks who like it are folks who have money.".  Logic dictates that folks without money can't like it.  Are you also the person that was talking poorly about baseball players who decided to go to...gasp...community college?  Or am I mistaken?  Was that someone else?

Speaking of cellists, Pablo Casals is commonly considered one of the greatest of the 20th century. In regard to wealth and the cello, I find the following bit from his Wikipedia bio. fascinating:

"[Casal's] first encounter with a cello-like instrument was from witnessing a local travelling Catalan musician, who played a cello-strung broom handle. Upon request, his father built him a crude cello, using a gourd as a sound-box. When Casals was eleven, he first heard the real cello performed by a group of traveling musicians, and decided to dedicate himself to the instrument."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LA2 said:

Speaking of cellists, Pablo Casals is commonly considered one of the greatest of the 20th century. RE financial wealth and the cello, I find the following bit from his Wikipedia bio. fascinating:

"[Casal's] first encounter with a cello-like instrument was from witnessing a local travelling Catalan musician, who played a cello-strung broom handle. Upon request, his father built him a crude cello, using a gourd as a sound-box. When Casals was eleven, he first heard the real cello performed by a group of traveling musicians, and decided to dedicate himself to the instrument."

There are some wonderful stories about Casals. He was one of those great musicians who is also a great humanitarian like Schweitzer and Paderewski. He made a speech to the United Nations that is one of the most powerful things I’ve ever read. I have it framed with a Casals autograph and it hangs over my piano.

Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that never was before and will never be again. And what do we teach our children in school? We teach them that two and two makes four, and that Paris is the capital of France.

When will we also teach them what they are?

We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all of the world there is no other child exactly like you. In the millions of years that have passed there has never been another child like you. And look at your body — what a wonder it is! Your legs, your arms, your cunning fingers, the way you move! You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel.

And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must cherish one another. You must work — we all must work — to make this world worthy of its children.”

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Sorry, I had to run off for an obligation so I wasn't able to respond.  I actually do like the sound of the cello.  My joke was a reference to something in my own life.  I was in High School in the music room, and I wasn't paying attention so I tripped over a chair.  The momentum took me and my knee straight into a cello's endpin (which was uncapped).  The guy sitting near me laughed and I laughed.  Then I realized how big the wound was and it started to hurt.  I then stopped laughing.  Eventually I got to the school's nurse, but ultimately I had to go to the hospital and get stitches.  Ever since then it's been a running joke in the family that I "hate" cellos.

I have multiple stories about being injured by a sharp endpin, and I am perpetually amazed that some murder mystery writer hasn’t used an endpin as a murder weapon.

And no hard feelings, I didn’t think you were serious, and even if you were, eh, I hate the hecklephone...and that’s ok.

(I don’t really hate the heckelphone by the way)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have multiple stories about being injured by a sharp endpin, and I am perpetually amazed that some murder mystery writer hasn’t used an endpin as a murder weapon.

And no hard feelings, I didn’t think you were serious, and even if you were, eh, I hate the hecklephone...and that’s ok.

(I don’t really hate the heckelphone by the way)

Good, just wanted to make sure you knew I was joking and not trying to be offensive.

18 hours ago, LA2 said:

Speaking of cellists, Pablo Casals is commonly considered one of the greatest of the 20th century. In regard to wealth and the cello, I find the following bit from his Wikipedia bio. fascinating:

Had to.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, O's84 said:

A cello injury! How many people can say THAT?

Years from now O's84 will be walking with his grandchildren. Stumble over a curb and grab his knee. "Oh that's just and old high school music injury!"

• Haha 1