Jump to content
Going Underground

Despite speculation, Orioles not on the market to be moved or sold

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They're drafting up the papers to be sold as we speak.

They're not going to be sold, they're merging with the Nats.  That'll solve the MASN problem, and the Lerners and Angeloses will be compensated for the loss of O's MASN revenues out of the expansion fees for Austin and Portland.  The new Baltimore-Washington Nats will play in DC, except for two Frank Robinson Classic home games each in Montreal and Baltimore every year to celebrate the franchise's rich history.  Highly-placed sources in the Illuminati have confirmed all the details, it'll happen as early as next year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

They're not going to be sold, they're merging with the Nats.  That'll solve the MASN problem, and the Lerners and Angeloses will be compensated for the loss of O's MASN revenues out of the expansion fees for Austin and Portland.  The new Baltimore-Washington Nats will play in DC, except for two Frank Robinson Classic home games each in Montreal and Baltimore every year to celebrate the franchise's rich history.  Highly-placed sources in the Illuminati have confirmed all the details, it'll happen as early as next year.

What a yin yang that'll be.  Half of me won't know how to live with the other half of myself.  I suppose it'll come down to who's got the 13th player on the 25 man roster as a battle for who really wins.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

And another article responding to an OH thread. Beautiful. 

It happens every day. Not just articles. Threads elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

They're drafting up the papers to be sold as we speak.

Anyone check Von Paris for unusual activity?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

They're drafting up the papers to be sold as we speak.

.. but we all know what will happen to those papers. They will go to where many other papers have gone to die; Peter Angelos' desk. They'll sit there for decades long after he's gone because that desk will never die even if all the papers on it do. Somehow, the Davis contract made it through all the rubble. Very unreliable, that desk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 7:02 PM, TINSTAAPP said:

Somebody should tweet at her that her singing sucks and country is the worst genre of music.

 

4 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Sounds more and more like it's John's wife who's pushing the Nashville move while everybody else is either ambivalent or resistant to relocating the team. 

You seem to have an unhealthy issue with John Angelos' wife Margaret. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Looks like the Oriole Bird is the first one moving to Nashville. 

 

No photo description available.

And now a bobblehead of the Oriole Bird with a fiddle. I guess they didn't want him with the new name of the team yet. The Nashville Fiddlers.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.iterable.com%2F43eb9b63cf3a4c209c2416981ff9ca96%2F19-08-13-Oriole%20Bird%20Bobblehead%20Iterable.JPG&t=1565893735&ymreqid=2a47cbfe-0e44-7b04-1c13-d20098015200&sig=RXMxXqL0EExe7_w2xSPWTg--~C

 

 

And the new logo. 

Image result for nashville fiddlers

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man... this is all a business. If it makes business sense, the Orioles will be outta here on the first thing smoking. While I want to believe that the rich history of the Orioles will forever stay in Baltimore, the times have changed but the money game hasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay or go. And all this "We're not going anywhere" is nothing more than coach speak. The Front Office isn't going to show their cards IF something is really in the workings. I just pray nothing is in the works because I love my O's.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, $Greatness$ said:

Man... this is all a business. If it makes business sense, the Orioles will be outta here on the first thing smoking. While I want to believe that the rich history of the Orioles will forever stay in Baltimore, the times have changed but the money game hasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay or go. And all this "We're not going anywhere" is nothing more than coach speak. The Front Office isn't going to show their cards IF something is really in the workings. I just pray nothing is in the works because I love my O's.

The money exploded in the 70s and 80s, as teams realized they had to have cash to afford free agents and cable happened at the same time.  There has been one major league team move since the money went crazy.  One.  And they played in a French-speaking province that MLB couldn't figure out a way to blackmail into building them a free Mallpark to replace a terrible old crumbling multipurpose half-dome.

It would be astonishing if MLB was so craven as to allow Camden Yards to sit vacant so Nashville or Las Vegas can try to start something the Orioles began 137 years ago.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...