Jump to content
Going Underground

Despite speculation, Orioles not on the market to be moved or sold

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you refused a cheaper, better option because the people at Mayflower...did their job on a snowy night 12 years earlier?  I get the hate for Ersay but Mayflower just did their job.  

 

Cheaper, unknown if better, but yes I did. At the time it felt like  the right thing to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Cheaper, unknown if better, but yes I did. At the time it felt like  the right thing to do. 

Interesting.  How's it feel now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Looks like the Oriole Bird is the first one moving to Nashville. 

 

No photo description available.

Is he taking Thank God I’m a Country Boy with him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

True story, about 12 years after the Mayflower incident, I  relocated from Severna Park to Rolla Missouri on my own, literally Uhaul. About 2 years late I had to relocate from the mid-West to southern VA and the cheapest Company-sponsored option was Mayflower. I refused to use them and paid the difference out of pocket. I would do it a hundred times over and I hope Jim Ersay burns in eternal damnation!  rant over

So you blame a company that is in business to make money by providing a service?

It does not mean they are in agreement with that.

Sorry, just doesn't compute for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I stopped celebrating Thanksgiving because of Mayflower.

I despise the phrase "April showers brings May flowers."

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

 

You seem to have an unhealthy issue with John Angelos' wife Margaret. 

 

I think she was the one who convinced the Red Sox owner to part with Babe Ruth to help finance the musical No No Nanette. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I think she was the one who convinced the Red Sox owner to part with Babe Ruth to help finance the musical No No Nanette. 

The Red Sox was owned by a Broadway play producer and had other interests first besides baseball.

So I doubt his wife was the one that convinced him to trade Ruth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

 

I think that she was the one who convinced the Red Sox owner to part with Babe Ruth to help finance the musical No, No, Nanette. 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

 

The Red Sox was owned by a Broadway play producer, and had other interests first besides baseball.

So I doubt his wife was the one that convinced him to trade Ruth.

 

o

 

Also, it's not true that Ruth was traded for the financing of that play.

Ruth was traded in December of 1919, while the play No, No, Nanette was not even written until 1924, and did not come out until 1925.

Ruth essentially forced the trade with his incorrigible behavior, but as is the case with most legends of lore, the myth sounds sexier.

 

o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

 

 

o

 

Also, it's not true that Ruth was traded for the financing of that play. Ruth was traded in December of 1919, while the play No, No, Nanette was not even written until 1924, and did not come out until 1925.

Ruth essentially forced the trade with his incorrigible behavior, but as is the case with most legends of lore, the myth sounds sexier.

 

o

Ruth help Boston win the WS in 1918 and demanded a pay raise from $7k to $10k, which was honored and then dealt the following year.

Note: Average income in 1918 was 3K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

...but as is the case with most legends of lore, the myth sounds sexier.o

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend." ~The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

Also, it's not true that Ruth was traded for the financing of that play.

Ruth was traded in December of 1919, while the play No, No, Nanette was not even written until 1924, and did not come out until 1925.

Ruth essentially forced the trade with his incorrigible behavior, but as is the case with most legends of lore, the myth sounds sexier.

 

o

 

 

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

 

Ruth help Boston win the Word Series in 1918, and demanded a pay raise from $7k to $10k, which was honored and then dealt the following year.

Note: Average income in 1918 was 3K.

 

o

 

Correct.

And the amount that he was sold for to the Yankees ($100,000) was the largest sum ever paid for a player in MLB history at the time.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it’s better than saying that they are for sale or considering a move.

Would it be good business for them to tell us with 2 years left on the lease.

Settling on a new lease would ease my concerns.

Also, I agree that abandoning MASN would hurt the teams value. Setting up a RSN in Nashville would be doable and could wash out the negative impact. But expensive to get up and running 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend." ~The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

The next morning Alice Cooper calls Ozzy Osborne...

I heard you bit the head off a bat last night! Did you really???

Na, not really. Just faked like I did.

 

Well don't tell anyone! That is BRILLIANT!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

So you blame a company that is in business to make money by providing a service?

It does not mean they are in agreement with that.

Sorry, just doesn't compute for me.

 

Especially since each location is independently owned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Also, I agree that abandoning MASN would hurt the teams value. Setting up a RSN in Nashville would be doable and could wash out the negative impact. But expensive to get up and running 

I just had a flashback to RShack telling us all, repeatedly, how hard and expensive it was to get high-def video trucks set up in the early days of MASN.  And how it was perfectly acceptable for the O's and Nats to be broadcast in 480i when every other team was in high-def.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...