wildcard

Who goes to make room for Stewart?

Its been reported that DJ Stewart will be activated  from his IL rehab assignment.    No 40 man roster move is required.  But someone has to leave the 25 man roster to make room.   

Do the O's go to a 12 man pitching staff and return to a 4 man bench?    Whoever goes could return on Sept 1st if that is in Elias plan.

Most vulnerable include Blach who has an option and Brooks who does not.  

Personally I would option Stewart until Sept 1st but that is not what is being reported.

Anyone have a guess?

Peterson? Doubt you’d remove a pitcher for a position guy, and I think Jace was last man up

PS. Brooks seems to be in the plans until the end of the year so I would guess he stays, option or not.

A pitcher should go but if not Rio Ruiz. I’d like to see this lineup,

Villar SS

Mancini 1B

Santander RF

Nunez DH

Peterson 3B

Alberto 2B

Sisco C

Stewart LF

Wilkerson CF

That’s a pretty solid lineup vs RHP

Maybe Wilkerson? I would rather keep Ruiz who could potentially stick at 3B (maybe even 2B?) rather than a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

23 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Maybe Wilkerson? I would rather keep Ruiz who could potentially stick at 3B (maybe even 2B?) rather than a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

There's || this much difference between Ruiz, Wilkerson, Peterson. I'd risk Peterson first since he's almost 30.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There's || this much difference between Ruiz, Wilkerson, Peterson. I'd risk Peterson first since he's almost 30.

I doubt Wilkerson, atleast right now. They need someone in center and Wilkerson seems better than Santander there.

Maybe Ruiz? They like the adjustments he made.

Peterson? A pitcher?

I'm hoping Peterson because it's silly to have him on the roster instead of 25-yr-old-and-improving Rio Ruiz. 

Rio is my boy, full disclosure. 

But still. 

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm hoping Peterson because it's silly to have him on the roster instead of 25-yr-old-and-improving Rio Ruiz. 

Rio is my boy, full disclosure. 

But still. 

I like Rio too. You can't DFA the guy who had the biggest highlight of our season! I do think Nunez should play some 3B, though.

I see Wilkerson and Peterson as pretty much interchangeable. Wilkerson is younger but has -1.8 WAR and a PED. He is not a future OF so I would rather see Santander and Stewart for sure. If you want a true CF (or something close), bring up Williams or Hays.

• Upvote 1

Drop a pitcher. Wilkerson's utility role can be spot inning eater in addition to CF, LF, RF, 1B, 2B, SS and 3B, so keep him.

24 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I like Rio too. You can't DFA the guy who had the biggest highlight of our season! I do think Nunez should play some 3B, though.

I see Wilkerson and Peterson as pretty much interchangeable. Wilkerson is younger but has -1.8 WAR and a PED. He is not a future OF so I would rather see Santander and Stewart for sure. If you want a true CF (or something close), bring up Williams or Hays.

Ruiz can be optioned (and brought up September 1), so there's no need to DFA him.