Sign in to follow this  
eddie83

Eshelman optioned

I figured Moose would want to know. He lives for the roster juggling. 

With September 2 weeks away and the Orioles trying to keep a 4 man bench we will see more of this I would think.  

• Haha 2

Now the main question: What pitcher has been down long enough to be eligible to be recalled? Or do they finally get Hunter Harvey up? Or Eade (I believe that's the spelling.) The guy they just got from the Twins.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Now the main question: What pitcher has been down long enough to be eligible to be recalled? Or do they finally get Hunter Harvey up? Or Eade (I believe that's the spelling.) The guy they just got from the Twins.

I think Tate and Tanner Scott are also eligible but I agree with your assessment. My bet is Eades. 

27 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Really what difference does it make?  They are all interchangeable.  Terrible pitcher goes down and terrible pitcher comes up.  They might as well start doing like the Yankees and stop printing the names on the back of the jerseys. 

Im looking at the Tides roster and I wonder why Cody Carroll is still on the 7 day IL when he’s been out all season?t

And why isn’t Tate getting a call up?He wasn’t successful in his very brief time up here, but his Bowie stats look very good, And there’s no reason not to give him another look over the Phillips/Hess options.

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

Im looking at the Tides roster and I wonder why Cody Carroll is still on the 7 day IL when he’s been out all season?t

And why isn’t Tate getting a call up?He wasn’t successful in his very brief time up here, but his Bowie stats look very good, And there’s no reason not to give him another look over the Phillips/Hess options.

Minor leagues almost never use their 60 day IL, so they stick with the 7 day one.

Tate might be the next one up. Eddie was right: Tate has been down long enough.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Minor leagues almost never use their 60 day IL, so they stick with the 7 day one.

So after one 7-day stint, they just start another 7-day Stint?

That sounds awkward.

43 minutes ago, atomic said:

Really what difference does it make?  They are all interchangeable.  Terrible pitcher goes down and terrible pitcher comes up.  They might as well start doing like the Yankees and stop printing the names on the back of the jerseys. 

This may be your all-time best post—I couldn’t stop grinning when I read this!

57 minutes ago, Philip said:

So after one 7-day stint, they just start another 7-day Stint?

That sounds awkward.

7 days is just the minimum.

Dwight Smith Jr has been on the major  league 10 day IL for a month now.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

Cody Carroll is on the Forty Man Roster.  To be placed on the Sixty Day IL he would need to be recalled to the Twenty=Five and then so designated.  By doing this he accumulates service time, pension and the MLB Pro=Rated Salary.

28 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Cody Carroll is on the Forty Man Roster.  To be placed on the Sixty Day IL he would need to be recalled to the Twenty=Five and then so designated.  By doing this he accumulates service time, pension and the MLB Pro=Rated Salary.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. So he’s getting his pay even though he’s injured. I like that. 

32 minutes ago, Philip said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. So he’s getting his pay even though he’s injured. I like that. 

Being on the MiLB 7 Day IL only garners him MiLB pay, no service time , no pension increases, may also extend his Options by one year.

41 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Being on the MiLB 7 Day IL only garners him MiLB pay, no service time , no pension increases, may also extend his Options by one year.

Oh I misunderstood. I understood the comment to mean he was getting his MLB pay.