dmvsports410

Do you root for other teams beside the Orioles?

Are you guys just Oriole fans? Or do you have another team you root for? You follow the Nats? I was born in Baltimore, but all of my family is in San Francisco. I have family that work for that organization also. So my relatives send me Giants gear. Both my parents side are in California. 

• Upvote 1

o

The White Sox have been my 2nd favorite team since 1989. 

After seeing the movie "Eight Men Out," I read the book, along with several other biographies of Shoeless Joe Jackson, did lots of research, and eventually became a Black Sox expert.

I actually called a man named Gardner Stern on the telephone just before he died in 1996 who lived in Chicago his entire life, and who was 16 years-old at the time of the fix. I spoke extensively with him about it (the 1919 World Series.)

Not only did this man (Gardner Stern) go to the games at the 1919 World Series, but he was actually at the first game ever at the original Comiskey Park in 1910. 

o

• Upvote 1

If my level of rooting interest in the Orioles is 100, I have a rooting interest in the Nats that I’d put at about a 2.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dmvsports410 said:

Are you guys just Oriole fans? Or do you have another team you root for? You follow the Nats? I was born in Baltimore, but all of my family is in San Francisco. I have family that work for that organization also. So my relatives send me Giants gear. Both my parents side are in California. 

Welcome to the board.  And we don’t want to hear anymore about Yaz.   😉

• Upvote 1

I won't make plans around watching them like the O's, but the Phillies have always been my NL team. They were my granddad's favorite team...and I always liked Von Hays and Don Carmen's names back in the day lol.

34 minutes ago, dmvsports410 said:

Welcome to the board.  Just the Orioles.

• Upvote 1

Starting to root for the Nats a bit. Mostly because I'd turn on the O's, get turned off, and end up with the Nats game on. They have a fun team that will no doubt fail because of that bullpen.

• Downvote 1

Always kind of liked the Reds.....I'll watch them from time to time.....also no real problem with the Phillies, I have a lot of friends who are Philly fans. 

No. I might root for a few individual players to do well. I try to get behind the local team now that I don't live in the DC-Baltimore area, but I just can't get invested. I will generally root against the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Dodgers.

I actually liked the Expos before they became the Nats.

If the O's ever left Baltimore, I would be pretty much done with baseball.