dmvsports410

Do you root for other teams beside the Orioles?

I have been watching the Braves lot more this year and have been rooting for them mostly.  We moved and decided not to get direct tv this year so we dont have Masn here in North Carolina on the regular network and didn't feel like paying the extra money to watch the bad Orioles team and getting upset while paying more money to do it.  I figure take this year and next off watching them then get directtv or hopefully live streaming them in a year or so.  

Cardinals are my second team. I follow them fairly closely. I can't stand the Nats...They are equal to the Yankees and Red Sox for me. Welcome to the board.

• Upvote 1

I root for the Orioles.

I follow

Nationals, I can walk to their park

White Sox mainly because of Jason Benetti 

Padres because I must be a masochist 

I have rooted for the Orioles since 1954, and the Browns since the late 40's after my uncle took me to a Browns game back then.   After more than 70 years, that is a real  emotional attachment.  On a cerebral basis I rooted for the Astros when they were in the National League due to admiring the organization for doing Most things right as an organization, despite whiffing on a #1 draft choice a time or two.  Of course when they play the Orioles, the emotional side takes over.    

No, not really.

But there are teams that I like more than others. I tend to cheer for the underdog organizations once the playoffs roll around and the Os are out. Or for teams that have former Orioles that I like, like Jones and Markakis.

Not a fan of the Nats at all, though. I’m 29, so I was in high school when they came to town. I lived in the DC metro area and it sucked watching some of my friends jump ship to become Nats fans. It felt like most of the Nats fans I knew had abandoned the O’s while they were down. Never sat right with me. 

• Upvote 2

Follow, have interest in, encourage, watch, yes.

Root For?

no.

Rangers Mariners, Astro’s, sometimes the Twins, all have my passing interest, but no real fandom.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

No. I might root for a few individual players to do well. I try to get behind the local team now that I don't live in the DC-Baltimore area, but I just can't get invested. I will generally root against the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Dodgers.

I actually liked the Expos before they became the Nats.

If the O's ever left Baltimore, I would be pretty much done with baseball.

I'd give Cricket a shot.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Follow, have interest in, encourage, watch, yes.

Root For?

no.

Rangers Mariners, Astro’s, sometimes the Twins, all have my passing interest, but no real fandom.

Yes, this is what I was going to say.  I like to watch ML baseball  involving other teams if there is nothing else on and I have always watched the World Series and usually root for the AL team.   But I couldn’t care less emotionally if any team other than the Orioles was even in the league, much less whether they win or lose. 

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

No. I might root for a few individual players to do well. I try to get behind the local team now that I don't live in the DC-Baltimore area, but I just can't get invested. I will generally root against the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Dodgers.

I actually liked the Expos before they became the Nats.

If the O's ever left Baltimore, I would be pretty much done with baseball.

I was also an Expos fan. A lot of it was probably the uniforms, but they were the Rays before the Rays. A franchise without a lot of resources that still found a way. 

expos-sig-splash.jpeg