Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Going Underground

Survey rates Orioles TV announcers the fourth-best in majors

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, dmvsports410 said:

Means nothing imo if the Orioles are not winning. You can take shots at the Nationals but they are winning, and are a better ran organization than the orioles. 

You sign up to this forum just to defend the Nats?

Bizarre to do it in a thread about broadcasters that have nothing  to do with what's going on in the field. To say that the quality of the broadcasters is dependent on winning is nonsensical.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spl51 said:

You sign up to this forum just to defend the Nats?

Bizarre to do it in a thread about broadcasters that have nothing  to do with what's going on in the field. To say that the quality of the broadcasters is dependent on winning is nonsensical.

It should be much easier to broadcast for a winning team.    It’s less work to keep the audience engaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting if they broke it down by broadcaster. The Orioles do have some excellent broadcasters with Thorne, McDonald and Palmer leading the way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

Means nothing imo if the Orioles are not winning. You can take shots at the Nationals but they are winning, and are a better ran organization than the orioles. 

Your reply means nothing since wins/losses are irrelevant to the article.

Of course we all want the O's to win... take a deep breath. It's going to be a long road back to contention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in the giants/a's tv market.  I have to admit - I find both of their TV teams very enjoyable and entertaining to listen to.  The Giants have Mel Kuiper and Mike Krukow.  The A's have Glen Kuiper and Ray Fosse.  The former players have great insight into what is going on with strategy and they have great anecdotes and stories of their time playing ball.  Both of these teams would be high on my list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

It would be interesting if they broke it down by broadcaster. The Orioles do have some excellent broadcasters with Thorne, McDonald and Palmer leading the way.

I also think Brian Roberts deserves a mention here as well.  I enjoy listening to him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I live in the giants/a's tv market.  I have to admit - I find both of their TV teams very enjoyable and entertaining to listen to.  The Giants have Mel Kuiper and Mike Krukow.  The A's have Glen Kuiper and Ray Fosse.  The former players have great insight into what is going on with strategy and they have great anecdotes and stories of their time playing ball.  Both of these teams would be high on my list.

A funny note - When these teams have played the Orioles and Jim Palmer is in the booth, both of these broadcast teams have talked about his greatness as a pitcher and both have made mention how Jim is quick to tell them he never gave up a grand slam in his pro career.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every year I try to figure out what blackmail Santangelo has on the Nationals.  He is the worst, and he knows it.  I remember watching one game where he was talking about all the hate he gets.  And he had a cup of coffee in the bigs.  Was excited just to hear Michael Morse get a chance and not have to hear Santangelo once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

To sensitive my guy.  If you don't like my opinion don't reply to it. 

Say what? If somebody doesn't like your opinion, they have every right to reply to it and offer their own. That's kind of how message boards work.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

To sensitive my guy.  If you don't like my opinion don't reply to it. 

Ironically you didn’t like an opinion here and yet felt compelled to reply to it. 

Thank you for your input, Mrs. Santangelo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...