MongoBoy

vs D-RAYS 8/24

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Didn't know Skaggs pitched for us.  That's nice though.

Rays players are wearing the number 45 patch too, it doesn't have to do with Skaggs being a member of either team. Guess they decided to use player's weekend as an opportunity to recognize him.  

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Rays players are wearing the number 45 patch too, it doesn't have to do with Skaggs being a member of either team. Guess they decided to use player's weekend as an opportunity to recognize him.  

It's a nice sentiment.  And Skaggs seemed like a good dude and his teammates obviously loved him.  I know this is going to sound crass but...let's not pretend that he was a universally adored player.  Respected and liked by your peers is a great thing, I get it...but a league wide tribute?  I guess so.  It's nice but...I don't get it.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's a nice sentiment.  And Skaggs seemed like a good dude and his teammates obviously loved him.  I know this is going to sound crass but...let's not pretend that he was a universally adored player.  Respected and liked by your peers is a great thing, I get it...but a league wide tribute?  I guess so.  It's nice but...I don't get it.

Bonus points for not killing other people due to alcohol or drug use.

And we all know I'm crass.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm a little surprised by it too, but the players are friends now all across the league. It isn't the same as Frank Robinson where he would bark at his teammates for fraternizing with the opposing team back in the day.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’m at the game.   May be the smallest Saturday night crowd I’ve ever seen at OPACY.     10-12,000?

Looks mighty sparse on TV.