Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
joelala

Cleveland has a void at 3B

Recommended Posts

Cleveland most likely just lost Jose Ramirez for the remainder of the season.  Would they have any interest in Nunez, I wonder?  And what would a return look like?  Cleveland is firmly in 'win-now' mode, and their window is closing rather quickly so there could be some sense of urgency there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh i was looking to reply with a much more witty reply than these.  Guess it would be wrong to do it now.

Yeah....what they said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

There is only one trade deadline now and it has passed.

What about waiver trades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joelala said:

What about waiver trades?

A player on the 40-man roster cannot be traded. Period. Only players on minor league contracts can be traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, already the downsides to this new rule are apparent. The trade deadline has also become the injury deadline. No injuries after July 31st! That really is lame, though. It leaves teams little recourse in the case of a player injury late in the season.

4 hours ago, esmd said:

I'm not a fan of the new rules.

I have a feeling we'll be saying this a lot in the coming years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Yeah, already the downsides to this new rule are apparent. The trade deadline has also become the injury deadline. No injuries after July 31st! That really is lame, though. It leaves teams little recourse in the case of a player injury late in the season.

I have a feeling we'll be saying this a lot in the coming years.

I like it.  One trade deadline and none of that team X put player Y on waivers business.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like it.  One trade deadline and none of that team X put player Y on waivers business.

I'm not sure why that's so bothersome. Just extend the trade deadline to August 31st, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I'm not sure why that's so bothersome. Just extend the trade deadline to August 31st, then.

Naw, I'm pretty happy with it at the end of July.  Make up your mind if you are in or out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Naw, I'm pretty happy with it at the end of July.  Make up your mind if you are in or out.

It's not about being in or out. It's about taking away the ability to make last minute acquisitions in the case of an injury to a major contributor on the team that had been previously available before. At least in September, there's callups even if it won't be 40. Teams still get, what was it, two callups? You can't plan for unexpected injuries before they happen. Pretty sure the Indians are in, so it's definitely not about being in or out here at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sessh said:

It's not about being in or out. It's about taking away the ability to make last minute acquisitions in the case of an injury to a major contributor on the team that had been previously available before. At least in September, there's callups even if it won't be 40. Teams still get, what was it, two callups? You can't plan for unexpected injuries before they happen. Pretty sure the Indians are in, so it's definitely not about being in or out here at all.

I'm pretty OK with a team getting hurt by a late injury.  I don't see where it is a real problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pretty OK with a team getting hurt by a late injury.  I don't see where it is a real problem.

I would say it wasn't a real problem before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...